Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre or Serre Chevalier at half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we are planning a trip at half term to either Montgenevre or Serre Chevalier, 2 families intermediate level with 1 boarder, and wondered which is best for lack of queuing and best ski/boarding for our level?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there - Can't comment on Mongenevre but went to Serre Chevalier last year at half term and never queued once for a lift ( well maybe 5 mins up at Serre Ratier after lunch), Stayed at Chantermerle and there are several ways to get up the mountain from there - Just sauntered round the loading pens and straight on the gondola or chair up every morning. There seemed a lot of people lunching at Serre Ratier but crowds seemed to disperse over the large sized ski area very quickly. However the southern school region was not on holiday that year. Fantastic place- great variety of runs and interesting skiing across the different areas Briancon - Chantmerle - Villneuve to Monetier. All are real french places too. Can't comment on how it is for snowboarders but if you want any more info please pm me. BTW there are many on here who know it far better than me as I have only had one holiday at Serre but just loved it there and and need to go back someday.snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Serre Chevalier is a super resort. Monty might not be enough to keep you satisfied for a week.

If you travel to Serre Che with Crystal or Neilson you'll probably get the opportunity to go to Monty for the day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Both resorts would be fine, neither gets swamped. Might expect so wait a few minutes at key lifts at peak times of the day, that's about it. Lots of great skiing to be had, both through the trees and up top in open bowls.

Serre Che is the larger area and will probably suit you better in terms of pistes and mileage. Each sector has a slightly different feel and really adds to the adventure. There is a free bus along the valley so easy to explore the full area. Monetier area has dramatic scenery, best snow, more challenging pistes. Villeneue has lots of cruisy reds and blues through the trees, a good board park. Chantemerle has nice open bowl skiing higher up, boardercross. Briancon is sunnier, cruisy runs.

Monty is great too but smaller, with a few more greens. Some great open bowl skiing higher up, and the change to explore the Italian resorts in the milky way (although access is not very efficient).

I'd do what has already been suggested, holiday in Serre Che but take the day trip to Monty.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, very helpful, know any good self catered chalets in Serre Che?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rgillil1, are you talking about this year? You'll have to move fast to find anything still unbooked - last minute cancellation might be your best bet. Most accommodation for half term will have been booked for some time, as it's French holidays too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in Hameau du Bez 34 in Villeneuve. Booked through a French agent with some English speaking staff. Really lovely place with a homely feel, only a short walk to the lifts. Very happy with the size, quality and location of the place, and the service we got. The agent has a range of apartments to rent, some of which don't look booked (butnot sure how often they update the website).

see :http://www.chezserrechevalier.co.uk/properties/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Serre Che - I was there last week but did 2 days in Monty. From what I saw of the pistes in Monty it was all a bit cruisy and easy (although the food over the Italian side was lovely and really well priced). I really liked SC, nice variaty and as said each area has a different feel. Plus its really easy to get to Monetier on the ski bus and go to the most amazing thermal baths.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi rgillil1, did you get booked for half term in Serre Chevalier? I know a place which is still available, sleeps four. Just shout!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Serre Chevalier would be your better option in my opinion. Went there last year after skiing in Montgenevre the previous year. Both good resorts but Serre has much more range of runs. We stayed in Chalet Asters with Crystal Ski - nice, basic chalet with a 5 −10 min walk to the slopes. Serre was a lot busier especially first thing in morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy