Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One or two private lessons in Tignes Val Claret any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
We are having a family ski hol in Tignes at Easter.

I think I need a couple of one to one lessons to get me out of the bad habits I've picked up over the years.

Have skiied one week a year for last 10+ years. Had several weeks of lessons when first learnt to ski...many moons ago.
But feel as the children (now 16 and19) have gained in confidence and ability (via ski school for several years) I have reached a plateau.

Can anyone recommend an instructor or ski school in Tignes?

I don't want a whole week's lessons...just a few hours.

I love skiing. Am ok on most reds, occasional blacks...if I don't know about it and conditions are good!

I've had repair of torn meniscus in both knees over last 5 years so am more cautious than I was in my youth...but just want to be able to catch up with the kids a little bit!!!

Any recommendations appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gavin Lewis from The Development Centre is excellent, in fact I think all TDC instructors are. Stewart Woodward who posts on here is based in Tignes and works for the ESF there I believe.

You still won't keep up with the kids though, I have the same problem with my 17 year old daughter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for TDC, though I've only met the instructors in Val d'Isere. Worth an email, though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rupert from Mountain Masters is excellent! Really helped move my skiing up a notch. Wish I could have more lessons!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big up vote for Rupert goldring at Mountain Masters,top bloke,great laugh and very,very focused.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had lessons with British Alpine Ski Scholl (BASS), based in Val/Tignes, had lessons with a Scottish instructor by the name of Lauder, can highly recommend them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dodgy knees, Have heard that Rorie Scott is back in Tignes and splitting his time between ESF and TDC. Another top bloke.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Alpine Logic.They's been based in Tignes since1999 and are trained teachers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've have a fair number if lessons with James at TDC and he's excellent.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rorie is full time with Alliance. I tried to book him for last week but he isn't doing private clients this season.

Shame as he is the best there is.

He dropped ESF a few years ago.

Anyone from TDC will be good.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bar shaker, yes, we had a great lesson from Rorie.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had some good private lessons 2 weeks ago with Ultimate Snowsports in Lac, its not that far...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snoworks also operate in Tignes

http://www.snoworks.co.uk/iSKI-One-to-One.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bar shaker, Just seen Rorie on skis and in TDC uniform - he must be swinging both ways this year Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chocksaway, Haha I always knew he would never be able to stay off skis Very Happy
ski holidays
abj, +1

bar shaker, I have my sources wink

chocksaway, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I've used Snocool a few times and liked the folk there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy