Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nike Vapen Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after some new boots and quite like the look of these.

I need to do a bit of travelling though to the nearest shop where I can try these on. Won't bother if there are any horror stories or bad reviews.

Anybody used them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there not known for lasting more than a season, but that doesnt matter to most people that own them.

i've tried a pair but couldnt buy them as the foot print was too big for my board (i'm a 10) ended up with a set of rulers that imo are far more comfy to wear and a lot quicker/easier to take on and off...the vapens were a bit fiddly.

as always with boots though.....get whats comfy....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for the reply.

Do they require a large or medium set of bindings then? I'm a size 10.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my medium union contacts held them fine Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool, what width board do you use?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
its a 253, a 153 arbor draft Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
useless unfortunately
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

useless unfortunately

How come?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You buy boots that fit your feet , not what they look like , and ppl will recommend what they like or have , if you ask 20 ppl which boots , you may get up to 20 different answrs

A badly fitting boot , that looks good will not help your riding

I wear and love K2 Darko boots , but doesnt mean they will fit you , or that you will like them

Get to a good local snowboard shop and try many pairs on and get advice on what foot box shape will fit your shape/ size of feet
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not all the bindings are the same size, it's depends on the company that makes them, it is best to check the connection of the bindings and shoes before you buy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had my heart set on the vapens but after trying them on, they didn't fit right.

Spent and age in the shop trying loads of pairs on. The burton boots seemed to fit the best.

It was between the hail and ruler. They were both super comfy, but took the plunge on the ruler, simply because of the lacing system.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yeah I wanted the vapens but ended up with rulers. comfy boots! Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah they really are. My only worry is how robust the quick lacing system is and how long it will last.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mate, I do full seasons and I bought some Vapens and was so looking forward to rocking them. They felt great in the shop but Ive wasted £160! My ankles lifted all the time and I couldnt get them bloody tight enough. I headed back to my camper and luckily had brought my old faithfuls and donned them. Burton Rulers RULE! I can believe I bought Vapen lace ups after my brilliant pullcord rulers! You can get them sooooo well adjusted. Im gonna buy some new Rulers. Ive had three seasons out of the old ones. My mate had a BOA system on his Burton boots and they really dug in. Pullcord ones are the way ahead mate.

Cheers, Moggler.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy