Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap shovels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was in B&Q in Stafford on Tuesday (don't ask) and I noticed that they had plenty of plastic, collapsible shovels for sale like this:

http://www.diy.com/search/shovel/Garant-Collapsible-Emergency-Car-Shovel-10767701

IIRC, they were £6.99 in the shop. Perhaps a bit flimsy for a piece of life-saving equipment - but better than nothing!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just right for keeping in the CAR
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You do know how hard avi debris is to dig to get someone out right? I'm sure your buddies would love to know you got a great deal at b&q.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kids used one of these to dig a snow hole, lasted less than 2 minutes (The shovel not the hole Toofy Grin )
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
altis wrote:
Perhaps a bit flimsy for a piece of life-saving equipment - but better than nothing!

I don't know. I think something that gives a false sense of safety is the opposite of "better than nothing".

At least, if you have "nothing", you know you have nothing and act accordingly. But if you have something that doesn't work, you THINK you've got "something" when you actually don't..

I'd think that's worse, not "better".

Best is to try it with some real snow that resembles the ones you'll need to use it in anger. If it works, great, you got a good deal. If it breaks, you know what you have (or rather, not have). No false sense of whatever.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy