Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early flight/train approx costs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a family ski holiday next season and weighing up the options of booking early vs. leaving it late for a last minute deal. Given we're limited to school holidays (gulp!) think it will be the former.

It's got to be a catered chalet, which will be probably imply a French resort.

So, options are: early bird booking (reduced price child places seem to be in quad rooms) with a TO, or a bit of DIY with a chalet and separate flight.

For the DIY option, I can roughly cost it up for next season, but can anyone guide me on approx. early flight/train costs? Just so I can compare TO with DIY.

Also do any SHs know when the flights/train seats for next season get released?

Grateful for any info - I am anticipating a spreadsheet frenzy at some point soon... Confused
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends when next season you want to go. If Christmas airlines such as BA have their flights available already, so you could check out London to Geneva, Turin or Salzburg, possibly other destinations too. But they don't seem to have 2014 flights up yet (meaning even a week later for New Year can't be checked out).

Not sure about the budget airlines, but to give you an idea we paid about £250 return each with cases for this years Easter trip to Salzburg with Easyjet. We didn't book early though so probably didn't get the best prices.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To get affordable holiday in school hols for next season we have booked the 13 April with Mark Warner - interconnecting rooms don't cost any more and there prices to Tignes, La Plagne and Les Deux Alpes were All coming up the same price.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the quick response. At least I'm not the only one browsing a ski website on a Fri evening!

Yes, should have said it'll be April 5th for Easter 2014.

I did do a quick EasyJet check the other week for a 10th Feb 2013 departure, Stansted to Geneva, approx £600 return for 4, which didn't seem too outrageous, at such short notice (around 2 weeks before departure)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy