Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

air canada in seat power...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all

wasn't sure quite where to put this post?!

travelling air canada to calgary in a few weeks and i've found out they have in seat power in economy. has anybody been on any of those planes recently? i'm guessing it will be the american-type two pin plug? i gather its a plug point in every second seat, which is fine but i'm just trying to find out if i need some sort of adapter to plug in my netbook with my standard uk plug?!
any help?
thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To be absolutely sure you need to check which revision of which plane you're due to fly on, and work out the cabin fit from there, etc.

IIRC the last big Air Canada plane I was on had American two pin plugs between seats in economy (so 1 between 2 seats, or 2 between 3 seats) and powered USB port on each seat back -- no-one has put the old style airplane special laptop power sockets in for ages that I'm aware of, so standard US plug is the best assumption.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cbowls30, yes we flew AC last year. Yes you need a UK to North America adaptor plug. It's as mtsuit says in the middle row of three then 2 seats will have a plug socket and one won't, and there was also a USB port. Just hope you don't get the one seat on a full plane which is not working so no power, no tv, as happened to my hubby Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cbowls30, 110v 2pin and USB .... the newer jets have 110v 3pin all in economy BUT!!!!! not in every seat as an absolute . . . Oh, and not all USB ports work in the older aircraft.
Experience? 10 flights with AC in the last 30 months.

You should be fine to keep your kit charged.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy