Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March mid-week ski break advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm attempting to find a 3 day cheap ski deal for myself and son#1 (both competent skiers) for any of the first three weeks in March (maybe last in Feb but France will still be busy then I guess). Best deals I've seen are with Ski-weekends in Brides Les Bains (although they put premiums on later return flights) but I'm wondering what companies others have used. Am open to DIY (used to doing that) but packages are "easier" of course and avoid expensive transfer e.g. from GVA. Parameters are:

Preferably fly late Monday (any London airport)
Ski Tue, Wed most of Thur
Fly back Thur night
BB or HB for Mon, Tue, Wed
Has to be as cheap as possible

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try DIY to Chamonix - usuall cheaper to DIY than any skiweekend deal.
Flight £ whatever you can get
Transfer E25 with ChamExpress et al.
Hotel .... Dahu or Couronne in Argentiere both good value ..... or Hotel Grand Montets ... more, but worth it !

recon you can do the lot for about £200 a head plus lift pass.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

maybe last in Feb but France will still be busy then I guess

French school hols run from mid February to 16 March. So third week in March a good bet - will be busy, but not manic.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PBJ, An excellent suggestion - will look into that. Haven't been to Cham for 32 years. Only problem is that the skiing is further away - how easy is it to get to slopes these days?

pam w, thanks, hadn't checked exact dates.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Argentiere - the cheaper hotels are a 5-10 minute walk to cable car and chair lift, the Grand Montets Hotel is about 200metres !
Bus to Brevant/Flegere and Le Tour not too bad either.

Could post on chalets direct solutions room - they often have short term options for a few nights.
Also worth looking at tourist board sites (esp chamonix) as you can often get 3 or 4 night hotel deals including lift pass.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy