Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

American/Canadian late season, last-minute deals?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

I'm another long-time lurker, first time poster on here. I've gained a lot of very useful information from searching through the archives in the past and I'm looking for advice on booking this trip.

I'd like to go to America/Canada between 1st and 14th April (probably a 10-day trip from 3rd to 13th fits best) Does anyone have any experience of getting a last-minute deal for this type of trip? Am I likely to find one close to the travel date?

As a bit of background, there are four of us, been to Breckenridge previously where we were skiing/boarding on blues/blacks. Not bothered where we go this time, looking to gain experience.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Am I expecting too much to get a last minute booking to the US/Canada?

Do people generally book in advance?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't help much, but I was caught out by a late season trip to Canada a few years ago. They don't have a Spring season such as we are used to in Europe, winter turns to summer very quickly. Check the resort closing dates!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I keep looking too, but will only go over there is conditions are better.

Would hate to spend all that cash and think I would have been better off in Tignes/Val Thorens.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're going to Canada at the end of March into April. We're going to visit family though as well as ski which is how we're justifying the extra cost. Not sure I'd go just for the skiing given the cost.

It's never going to be cheap due to the higher cost with flights over Europe. I can tell you we booked our flights early Feb and struggled to get a decent price and suitable dates, wouldn't like to try now. The Whistler liftpass is over $100 cheaper from April 1st. Easter is early but we haven't found hotels any more expensive. Paid about £550 for a condo for a week in a good location seems nice enough.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most TOs will have given up after Easter week and some resorts e.g. Fernie have been known to close as soon as their TO commitment is finished. Skiing can be ace - I've had deep powder days at the beginning of May but don't expect full openings as lifts get put on "money hold"
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks very much for the replies.

Whistler seems the most snow-sure choice for that time, but the prices are high especially when you take into account the lift pass and the hire. I was hoping to go a week later and take advantage of slightly cheaper flights and reduced price spring pass which would make it more appealing, but other factors mean I'm limited to 1st-14th April and the higher prices. I was hoping that I might get a cheaper deal nearer the time, hence the question.

Most Canadian resorts seem to be open until the 14th April and I was assuming that given the base depths, would still be good at that time.

The US is cheaper than Canada, particularly Colorado, but so far it doesn't look like a good year for the snow there. Unless that changes soon, I agree it's not worth the expensive flight.

I was also thinking of Mammoth/Tahoe - anyone know how that might compare?

What puts me off Europe is busy slopes and lift queues, especially as it's Easter and we can't go off-peak. Is it as bad as some people say?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Won't be that busy in Europe, will it?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy