Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for over 60's doing 2 months skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone help please, my policy expires end of Feb, when I'm out for another month, I spend about 6/8 weeks in Europe skiing but I'm 64 and I am finding it hard to get reasonable priced cover where can I find a reputable realistic insurer.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This may help.... my first ever post! http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=12229&highlight=
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Insure and go buy two policies of 30 days around £200
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowcard. I am 65 and have an annual policy, up to 60 days trips, including off-piste without a guide. It was £160 for the year, IIRC.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cagey, we are of similar age and have insured with MPI this year - we got the length of cover we needed as we are out here nearly all winter, and could exclude things we didn't need like Cancellation cover. OH spent a lot of time trawling the net and this seemed the best deal, with reputable people.
www.mpibrokers.com
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd recommend becoming a member of the austrian alpine club, have a UK branch http://aacuk.org.uk/p-benefits
Provides essential insurance such as rescue, repatriation and liability. Looks like it's actually cheaper for seniors £33 per year, http://aacuk.org.uk/p-membership-2013

I have AAC membership as well as regular travel insurance, the one pam w, mentions seems a good deal for that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cagey, MPI should be able to see you right.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cagey, and you will find it harder once you are over 65 to get the cover with the price at reasonable levels.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski, Hmm. I'm 66 next week....... Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Pamski, Hmm. I'm 66 next week....... Sad

The annoying thing is that things like insurance become more expensive as you get older and things like cheaper lift passes don't kick in until you are much older Evil or Very Mad Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, youngster.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, and my OH is a small touch more than that today!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Iski, Yeah, the discounts start at 70+ in most places . . . that's just parsimony by the lift companies ... Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Round here in PDS they keep pushing the seniors rate up by a year each year and I bet by the time we are 75 when we should be free in LG/Morzine they will have abandoned altogether. But its all because there are so many of us keeping fit by skiing away so much.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque wrote:
Iski, Yeah, the discounts start at 70+ in most places . . . that's just parsimony by the lift companies ... Evil or Very Mad

60 in Obergurgl Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Quote:

Round here in PDS they keep pushing the seniors rate up by a year each year and I bet by the time we are 75 when we should be free in LG/Morzine they will have abandoned altogether. But its all because there are so many of us keeping fit by skiing away so much.

Yes, that's what I think too. Looking round at some of folks you see whizzing round our area, they have a point. I take the view that if, when I am 70+, I am still fit and able to ski (which I have every intention of being) then I am very fortunate, and paying for a very cheap discounted early purchase lift pass will be something I shall do each year, with great joy and thanksgiving. snowHead
ski holidays
jtr wrote:
Masque wrote:

60 in Obergurgl Madeye-Smiley

Right!! I'm going there next year snowHead
ski holidays
Iski, 60 in quite a few Tirol resorts! snowHead No seniors discount in the Salzburg regions though rolling eyes all too damned fit I suppose. Toofy Grin
snow report
Iski, looks quite nice from the piste map . . . A snowheads OAPBash . . . Twisted Evil bet it would fill quickly. jtr, what's the nightlife like, Ompha and Dirndls?
snow report
62 for a 10% discount in Wengen but still ski at 70 and they will do you a season pass for 50% off
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
Iski, looks quite nice from the piste map . . . A snowheads OAPBash . . . Twisted Evil bet it would fill quickly. jtr, what's the nightlife like, Ompha and Dirndls?

Dunno. I'm out for the count by the time it starts / might start. Smile
ski holidays
I get a discount - but it's a very small one, not worth getting old for.
ski holidays
jtr wrote:
Masque wrote:
Iski jtr, what's the nightlife like, Ompha and Dirndls?

Dunno. I'm out for the count by the time it starts / might start. Smile

There's a difference between getting old and 'giving up' rolling eyes
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
There's a difference between getting old and 'giving up' rolling eyes

I beg to disagree; it all depends on what time you start hitting the Vino Collapso Laughing
snow report
jtr, Well I do like a fresh cold beer at breakfast . . . Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Let's hope he didn't cough for the extra premium eh?
snow report
fatbob, Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy