Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget ish destinations for late Feb

davidmt83
davidmt83
Hi,

I was hoping people could recommend a budget (ish) destination to go to in late February for 4 or so days. I'm happy on blues and reds and a friend is learning to board.

A quick google suggested quite a few places!

Bansko ------------ Bulgaria
Soldeu ------------ Andorra
Borovets ---------- Bulgaria
Brides-les-Bains --- France
Sölden ------------ Austria
Flaine ------------- France
Cervinia ----------- Italy
Zakopane --------- Poland
Bohinj ------------- Slovenia
Andermatt -------- Switzerland

The above have been recommended a few times on the 2 dozen or so sites I looked at. I've ruled out Bansko due to the fairly mixed reviews. The below only once:

Schladming -------- Austria
Hochfügen --------- Austria
Pamporovo --------- Bulgaria
Courchevel --------- France
Montgenèvre ------- France
St Martin de Belleville - France
Cauterets ---------- France
Puy St Vincent ----- France
Aussois ------------- France
St-Lary ------------- France
Saint-Sorlin d'Arves - France
Avajan ------------- France
Krkonose ----------- Czech
Borovets ----------- Bulgaria
High and Low Tatras - Slovakia

Thanks

David
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try alpbach (ski juwel) seems like good quality accomadation regulary comes up at a much lower price than many other resorts on booking.com.
the new link gives the area an impressive amount of area so should suit your requirements well. you also get the optional bonus of night skiing at reith
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidmt83 wrote:

Courchevel --------- France

Well, I laughed!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidmt83, sorry it has to be said....French school hols run until 16 March so you would have a better chance of booking a 4 nighter after then snowHead
snow report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
marmotte16 wrote:
davidmt83, sorry it has to be said....French school hols run until 16 March so you would have a better chance of booking a 4 nighter after then snowHead
Very good point.

Checking online shows:

Zone A 24.02 - 10.03.13
Zone B 17.02 - 03.03.13
Zone C 03.03 - 17.03.13

Zone A:
Caen, Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble, Lyon, Montpellier, Nancy-Metz, Nantes, Pays de Gex, Rennes, Toulouse.

Zone B:
Aix-Marseille, Amiens, Besançon, Dijon, Lille, Limoges, Nice, Orléans-Tours, Poitiers, Reims, Rouen, Strasbourg.

Zone C:
Bordeaux, Créteil, Paris, Versailles.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidmt83, the Paris weeks are the busiest apparently but it's also difficult to secure short stays in the whole period as accommodation providers will prefer to hold out for full week bookings.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy