Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The nearly but not just yet La Rosiere report

Poster: A snowHead
Right, it seems to me that hardly anyone on Snowheads reports on La Rosiere on this here forum.

So, i have just fitted ski rack to roof of our car, this morning, so thanks to Snowhead WAYNE who i got it from 2nd hand at a bargain price Very Happy Very Happy

We leave tomorrow early morning ( Friday 1st Feb ) for an early chunnel

Drive to Chambery for overnight stop, then Saturday morning up to La Rosiere Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If weather and road is all okay and with a bit of luck, we should be skiing around 1000-1100 on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy

Is anyone out there at the moment can give me a roads/piste/beer condition update.

I am taking my Google Nexus 7 with me, so if i find a WiFi bar, i will endeavour to update this thread in a couple of days time, with an on the spot report.

Just checked the car over

Vredestein winter tyres,
Snow chains

and i am just about to put my new skis on said ski rack Very Happy Very Happy

and i have packed my SKI HELMET Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Enjoy, will be there 15 march group of 46, cant wait NehNeh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have fond memories of La Rosiere - it was the venue for our first family skiing jaunt in 2008.

It seemed really popular on snowheads back then, but has dropped out of favour since, so this thread is a welcome revival!

Enjoy the trip, Timbo. Are excited, by any chance? 9 big smiley faces in a short post suggests something... Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Flying Snowplough,

Just slightly excited, i have brand new skis and brand new boots for this trip,

Bought my skis at the end of March last year, so they have been sitting stareing at me wickedly for 10 months Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oh yes and if anyone is thinking of burgling my gaffe whilst we are away.

My mother and father in law are staying to look after our dog,

So you will have to negotiate past a very Irate German Shepherd, and a slightly mad Irish woman Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timbobaggins wrote:
oh yes and if anyone is thinking of burgling my gaffe whilst we are away.

My mother and father in law are staying to look after our dog,

So you will have to negotiate past a very Irate German Shepherd, and a slightly mad Irish woman Laughing Laughing

Not a problem, nice juicy steak and a bottle of whiskey will get me past them. Does the dog take whiskey neat or with water?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1,

I am afraid Spot is more of a G&T type
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did my bit

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95486&highlight=
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timbobaggins wrote:

But what sort of dog do you have??
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timbobaggins, What have you done to annoy the shepherd, and why do you have foreign shepherds living at your house?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timbobaggins, Make sure you ski over to La Thuile, its great ovet there.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was chatting to my kids, and some of their friends. We have all been away skiing at lease once a year since 2003 and skied in France, Italy and Austria at some of the most famous resorts in the world. The kids, young adults now, all said La Rosiere was their favourite resort.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29 wrote:
Timbobaggins, Make sure you ski over to La Thuile, its great ovet there.

Hi, this is our 3rd year in La Rosiere, so know the resort reasonably well, just wondered if anyone had any recent/live updates. I agree some of the runs down to La Thuile through the trees are lovely.

I have foreign shepherds in my house coz i have foreign sheep.

Just waiting for my brother and sister in law to arrive to load their gear and skis rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timbobaggins, The Bruschetta are great at the first restaurant in Italy - the one with the baskets for your gloves. Enjoy!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowyowl,

Haven't found that, is that the big one on the left with a lift opposite as you ski down
ski holidays
Ok folks. Made it. Its snowing. Lost a thule k summit chain coming up mountain. Skiid this morning. Its snowed in la ros for last 3 days. Knee deep powder in places. But visibilitu is poor at moment. It is supposed to clear up a bit on sunday. But its still snowing and poor viz at 1700 french time.
snow report
Quote:

Ok folks. Made it. Its snowing. Lost a thule k summit chain coming up mountain

well done, sounds as if it was hard work. Is the chain gone for good? Sad
latest report
Yup the poxy snow plow did the road behind us. Walked back. But it was gone. Hope we don't need em next week coming down.
latest report
Update. Just about to go out. Its stopped snowing. Sun is trying to nbreak through as I look over to les arcs low lying cloud in valley. Reckon with all last nights snow it will be epic.
latest report
Be careful. High avalanche danger at the moment, and down here in the Aosta Valley it's blowing a hooley. The Little St Bernardo pass is always good for a bit of wind...
snow report
Well its been snowing since at least 0600 this morning and visibility is poor, so the cunning plan to ski to la thuile has just crashed and burned.
snow report
We're just back from a great week in La Roz. Our first time there. The weather wasn't v good and we couldn't get to Italy 3 days, so ended up doing the same runs over, but the changing conditions made for great variety. Waist deep powder on the last day.

Our favourite bar was le 1850. Great tapas, and a proper french bar atmosphere. Say bonjour to Fred.

Le petite danoise on band night was the place to watch seasonaires getting off their heads... Not sure why they still want to play pool when most of them are trying to dance on the tables... But hey! And You might feel old if you're over 19.

Great small resort with a village feel. Don't rely on being able to ski the Italian side though. And avoid the self service Resturant above the gondola in La Thuile, the worst pizza ever. We've had better on the m1...
snow conditions
Well its snowing lightly again this morning. Low level cloud so grey and dull with low visibility. Yesterday was spent skiing the lower runs. Fontain froid at the bottom had better visibility and at one point the sun showed itself. Looks like same again today. Mind you there is powder in lots of places. So not all bad.
snow conditions
So its snowed all day. Powder great. Visibility is pants we are hoping foitr better tomorrow. Bored of la ros runs now. If its sunny next week you r in for a great week.
ski holidays
Oh yea and its my birthday today Little Angel
snow report
Happy birthday snowHead
ski holidays
Happy Birthday. Are you out celebrating tonight?

We celebrated my sons 23rd birthday at Le Genepi in La Ros. It was a snowy day then too but it made for a wonderful walk through the trees from Les Eucherts.
ski holidays
Happy Birthday

Stick some photos on if you can Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How's it looking today? Never been there before and going out in March. Seems everytime I look at the 'live' piste map the Italy link is closed.
ski holidays
Thanls for birthday wishes. Didn't post yesterday. However it snowed all day in fact its still snowing. Hasn't stipped for over 24 hoirs. Visibility still poor and link to italy still closed. But if you want powder. There is loads here. Sorry no photos as doing this from my blackberry phone. But we have over 10cm fresh snow on balcony at the moment.
ski holidays
Timbobaggins,

Bright sunshine, above the clouds, up here in Tignes Very Happy

http://www.tignes.net/en/skiing-in-tignes/webcams-290.html
snow report
Timbobaggins, just to rub it in..... webcam in La Thuile is blue skies!
snow report
Hi' finally got WiFi on nexus 7. Skiid over to la Thule today. As frosty says, brilliant sunshine. La rosiere is still poor via and still snowing. Powder all over the place. Knee deep in it. Very Happy
snow report
Hi. just got home after 12 hour drive, POWDER POWDER POWDER, report to follow tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Going to La Rosiere tomorrow for a few days, judging Europa Cup moguls. Any snowheads in resort come by and say hello at the judges stand at the bottom of the course.
snow conditions
Hi all, well last day on Friday was brilliant. Sunshine in la ros and in la Thule. The snow in Ros was better and deeper. I skiid a blue run knee deep in powder on Thursday and a red from the fort was almost waist deep. More snow French side, but runs in la Thule were great as well. The only thing that spoiled it a bit was poor visibility. But still a good trip. Five weeks till next trip to Les Sybelles. Woo hoo
latest report
Soo.... This threads gone a bit quiet!

Anyone out there, any updates?

Head off to la Ros in 2 weeks, very excited!

(mental note, make sure all resorts into to from now are well reported on here before booking,makes away some of the excitement when I only have nozzas outlook thread to check!!) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Lol! Exactly the same situation, get there in two weeks and its all gone quiet!
snow conditions
Ok so I was staying in La Thuile last week and skied over to La Ros twice. Skiing was fab. Pistes excellent, empty and no ice! Very very cold mind you with the wind chill adding to discomfort!! We loved it and the link between La Ros and La Thuile was easy.
Have a great time you both!!
latest report
We're across the valley in les arcs/Plagne/Vallandry and it was sunny today, but bitter cold, -20 at the top of aiguille rouge this morning. But we had fresh snow on Sunday, so looking good for the rest of te week.
Have you checked te web cam? And try bar 1850....
Have a great time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy