Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reith in Alpbachtal/Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm booked with my partner into a very good value (i hope) pension in Reith im Alpbachtal for a week from March 6 after getting a flight to Innsbruck for just £15 each and some air miles!

It's not a resort I'm at all familiar with, so any hints, tips etc on Reith and the new Ski Juwel area would be much appreciated! Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LOTA, I was skiing that area on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are some lovely long runs from the Gmahkopf down to Inneralpbach and between Reith and Alpbach itself. The link across to Auffach is very good and also opens up some lovely long runs both back down to the Alpbachtal (only to the middle station this season officially) or down to the bottom of the Schatzbergbahn.

The runs in Reith itself are good for warming up on. The toboggan run looks to be mega fun though! The buses run all day up and down between Inneralpbach and Reith so you have good linking between the various lifts. I did not use them as living locally I use my car to get to where I want to ski, but I saw plenty of them.

Enjoy your holiday!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, Sue. Plenty of snow?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LOTA, more than enough and more coming in this weekend and next week! They are forecasting a snowmaggedon type changeover day for Saturday. And I've got to get to Flachau to sort out some changeovers!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good night skiing in reith and some lovely little hotel bars in the village.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Reith ski area is separate from the main Alpbach area. Reith lies near the entry to the Alpbachtal, the main Alpbach skiing further up the valley.

The skiing in Reith itself is pleasant, mostly on a piste alongside the Reitherkogelbahn gondola, but relatively little. The larger area is up at Alpbach and you can enter it either via the Wiedersbergerhornbahn gondola (nearer Reith) or up at Inneralpbach. There you can go up the Pöglbahn gondola to the "original" (i.e. as it was up till this season) Alpbach ski area on the Wiedersbergerhorn and now there is also the new gondola linking to the Wildschönau pistes above Auffach on the other side of the valley. Even the original Alpbach area provided widespread, enjoyable slopes. Now there is even more to explore.

Enjoy your holiday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you. Watched Sue's heavy snow falling on the webcam this morning - very nice! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We had a week in Alpbach in mid-Jan. Had a great time but it's not a resort for beginners. Intermediates or better (lots of off-piste) will really enjoy it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you. Sounds just splendid.Enjoying the webcam snowfall, in anticipation....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy