Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko Hijinks

Poster: A snowHead
Day one "Rob says lets go in here It's pretty steep".....

https://vimeo.com/58525724

Day two Scott says "It's not that steep you will smash it"

https://vimeo.com/58524963

Patrick says "I fancy a go at that"
https://vimeo.com/58525245

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 30-01-13 9:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"Patrick keep going... *mumbles under breath*I wanna get a funny video for Snowheads*mumbles*"

Looks like fun. Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's not Japan - you can see the sky!! wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And there's no pow Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Managed to catch a tree branch and go tumbling in a rather steep section today and was pleased that my dynafit bindings released, couldnt find the second ski and after about 20 minutes of searching saw the ski 100+metres downhill, had an interesting ski / slide down on one foot to retrieve it on a solid 40+ deg pitch with plenty of trees Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
looks good, were is the jealous smiley button!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
livetoski, been poor by locals standards and getting tough to find good patches of soft snow let alone untracked pow... P. is really doing well on his Trusts, nice ski...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

P. is really doing well on his Trusts, nice ski...

good to hear, they looked to be working in the videos and pics
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
Managed to catch a tree branch and go tumbling in a rather steep section today and was pleased that my dynafit bindings released, couldnt find the second ski and after about 20 minutes of searching saw the ski 100+metres downhill, had an interesting ski / slide down on one foot to retrieve it on a solid 40+ deg pitch with plenty of trees Toofy Grin
Shocked Right, that just about settles it. No I/O in Japan for me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whilst the snow may not be biblical, the food (if not the company wink ) is pure heaven...

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And lo does the week end...a great time even if the famous powder was not q as abundant as we'd hoped. But a nice 10cm+ overnight delivered some loverly skiing today. Final lunch in Boyos and all set for some fun in Tokyo. Will def be back for more. Great advice from Rob and Scott, made some good progress over the week esp on getting out of the back seat.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks fab Patrick - enjoy Tokyo.... My best tip for us don't sing karaoke until 3 if you have to get up at 5 to get to Narita.... Doesn't make for best flight home!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DoubleBombardino wrote:
And lo does the week end...a great time even if the famous powder was not q as abundant as we'd hoped. But a nice 10cm+ overnight delivered some loverly skiing today. Final lunch in Boyos and all set for some fun in Tokyo. Will def be back for more. Great advice from Rob and Scott, made some good progress over the week esp on getting out of the back seat.

Safe travels and good to hear that the trip was a success despite some very challenging snow conditions.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good work DoubleBombardino, Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey Patrick, we never did meet up...but did the earth move for you last night , the 6.9 earthquake I mean ha, ha
I'll be in Shinjuku, Tokyo on Thursday 8th Feb if you're still around?
ski holidays
http://earthquake-report.com/2013/02/02/very-strong-earthquake-hokkaido-japan-region-on-february-2-2013-6/
latest report
Didn't feel it, probably slept through it.
snow report
katedenhaag wrote:
Looks fab Patrick - enjoy Tokyo.... My best tip for us don't sing karaoke until 3 if you have to get up at 5 to get to Narita.... Doesn't make for best flight home!!!

Funnily enough...Karaokekan got the better of me and my travel companions on Friday night! 9:15pm -3:15am in Room 201 (and enough Mojitos to sink a battleship) made for an interesting 6:30am wake up!

Glad you enjoyed the trip Patrick and really good to see you getting stuck into the skiing as well as you did.
ski holidays
Touchguru, ran into your mate Rod tonight and ended up in the Blue note jazz bar, fantastic had a real 70's california surfer vibe to it.. decent snow today although nothing open up top so lots of bump skiing and some tough rutted runs through the trees. Pat was really giving it a good effort today but took a big hit jumping out of the trees and onto a road in bad vis and had his bell rung so we had to bag it early at 2 ish , but the hot sake in Boyo-So was good !
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
Touchguru, ran into your mate Rod tonight and ended up in the Blue note jazz bar, fantastic had a real 70's california surfer vibe to it.. decent snow today although nothing open up top so lots of bump skiing and some tough rutted runs through the trees. Pat was really giving it a good effort today but took a big hit jumping out of the trees and onto a road in bad vis and had his bell rung so we had to bag it early at 2 ish , but the hot sake in Boyo-So was good !

If you see Rod again..tell him that I hope the Aussie Dollar stays strong for him! Smile
Hope Patrick is ok! Shocked
ski holidays
Heh! Patrick ... DoubleBombardino Your having quite a season you rascal?

It seems to be non stop for you .. well done and the skiing looks pretty good as well.

Long live Uncle Jameson!

I'm off to Italy on Saturday Wooo Woooo!
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
Day one "Rob says lets go in here It's pretty steep".....

https://vimeo.com/58525724

Where's that steep pitch, trying to recollect it!! Is it just before you hit the cat track/tree tracks to get back to the lifts???
snow report
dbeatski, yep sorry we didn't rendezvous after all, but now back in Blighty and rather missing my sushi regime. Bizarrely, final meal of trip (on Japan airlines flight back home) was a KFC chickenMcshoite sarnie. The Japanese passengers on board seemed to love it Shocked Hope you get back in one piece.

DrLawn, hello Doc. Yep shoehorned last year's wash-out into this - 2 seasons into 1 def does go. All the best in the Dolomites, slurp some of that sickly yellow stuff for me plse and hope to see you at the EoSB (?).

kitenski, rob@rar will know better than me, but yep that pitch is not far above where you get to the trees wacky racers traverse which feeds in to skiers left of the Hanazono gondola. First 50 yards sure was steep and a few cracks thrown in for added interest...
ski holidays
Quote:

First 50 yards sure was steep

45 degrees I recon and the cracks were monsterous !

ski holidays
Jackson's?
ski holidays
HI Mike, not sure it was Jackson's which we did ski later in the week. this one was on the first day and was over that side, pretty stiff drop in but the snow was soft and sluffing off so i had a go at jumping the little knoll, same spot as the first video if that helps...
latest report
Dropping back to Hanazono 3 chair or to the road?
snow conditions
for jacksons we came out at a cat track/road and had to hike up and out about 15 minutes, this one i think we traversed out and along a road, Rob would know he took us there !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy