Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a

Poster: A snowHead
gatecrasher, possibly paying and keeping a core group of staff to maintain service levels and then not paying other "peripheral staff"?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
joann22490 wrote:
They have always managed to get around to paying the regulars which go back, which is why they go back. But as these regulars were out at st gervias for summer with them and have been jerked around yet again and not payed yet again, I doubt they will be going back for winter once more. Which is a shame cos the resorts and the guests were brilliant.

Well I'll keep you posted on that one! wink

Problem is... People just come on here to slate companies then are never heard from again so leaves credibility questions?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott, always possible I guess?

Will it affect my holiday decisions, selfishly not, unless the slaters succeed in shutting em down!
Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
joann22490, take them to the small claims court, if they rule in your favour and they don't pay, call in the sheriff's. The whole lot should be easy, relatively cheap and if you have an assured claim that you can back up with documentation it will get you your money, plus costs back.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I retract all previous statements in regards to my own matter. I have been paid all the money owed to me as has everyone who worked for them this year.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 29-08-13 19:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
joann22490, people can easily avoid paying through the small claims court, but take them to the Sheriffs office have significantly more powers and it only cost £60. There are limitations but they have a very high success rate if you believe the blurb.

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/services/high_court_enforcement
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joann22490, my Sherlock hat has me changing my view, having spent time with you at the hotel and apres, I wish you well!

That said, I will still use them! Sorry rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joann22490 wrote:
I retract all previous statements in regards to my own matter. I have been paid all the money owed to me as has everyone who worked for them this year.

joann22490, good news! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ansta1 wrote:
joann22490, people can easily avoid paying through the small claims court, but take them to the Sheriffs office have significantly more powers and it only cost £60. There are limitations but they have a very high success rate if you believe the blurb.

http://thesheriffsoffice.com/services/high_court_enforcement

The link shown will take you to the website of a Limited Company. It is not a Government agency. There are any number of these Limited Companies who will promise to escalate your County Court Judgment to the High Court so that High Court approved but privately-employed bailiffs (sheriffs) can be used to try to enforce the County Court Judgement (these have more powers than County Court employed bailiffs). There is a charge of £60 payable to the High Court to escalate the Judgement. In theory the High Court approved bailiff's fees are paid by the debtor. But it is the same old story, if the debtor is hard to find or has hidden his/her assets then the bailiff has no hope of earning any money. Therefore the creditor may be asked for non-returnable up-front 'debt-collection' payments or an agreement to enter into some sort of customer credit control service with the Limited Company before they will visit your debtor. In my experience there is very little chance of success in enforcing a County Court judgment in respect of someone who is determined not to pay you. This is why we hear so much about 'phoenix businesses' and numerous fraudster individuals. This Country's business and debt laws seem to be arranged so that fraudster's can thrive and that others (lawyers and debt collectors) can earn more from someone who has already been shafted!

Always be wary of extending anyone any credit. There is not much you can do if they fail to repay you. Anything you can do will cost you even more money.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am the Father of the young lad who couldn't get paid by Snowcoach. In the end we had to have the case heard by the Royal Court of Justice. We got all our money / costs etc. The Sheriff programme is doing an update on how it was all resolved - you will see it in the new series. In chasing Mr Stewart I learned a lot about his style of operating. Try googling his name and the string of companies of which he is a director. Beware!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ikarus, welcome to snowHeads, I'm pleased to hear your son was eventually paid.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well done, Ikarus. That's how we pass on responsibilities and rights to a new generation ... with a little wisdom.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ikarus, Glad he got his money
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have to say we went with them to Mayrhofen 5 years ago over Xmas and had a great time. Was after a cheapy extra trip this year and enquired what they did now in Austria. Was told that due to logistics they no longer travelled to Austria. Wonder if this thread may hold the reasons for that.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Reason that they don't do Mayrhofen any more, they don't have any friends left there. They owe too many people too much money. Lots happened, but it ended up with punters being evicted from their accommodation. Obviously "logistics" is the concise term for that.
ski holidays
Offered a role there, accepted and then they retracted. What sort of employer is this??!!!
latest report
Chti wrote:
Offered a role there, accepted and then they retracted. What sort of employer is this??!!!

A bad one, judging by the posts on this thread.
snow report
Chti wrote:

Consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't work for no pay.
ski holidays
Chti, I think you massively dodged a bullet there working for them. Like i said years we had a fantastic holiday with them but from what I have read about the lot that run the show the less said the better. I think they have sister companies in the Alps offering chalets etc with similar troubles over money owed to staff and every where else.
ski holidays
Anyone credit checked the director to see how many companies he's sunk?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy