Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend break - Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am hoping with all the knowledge out there, you may be able to help.

I am looking at booking a short ski trip at the end of march (29th march - 2nd April), which is the Easter weekend. Unfortunely due work commitments of people in the group this is the only time we can go.

We are looking at possibly going to chamonix or val thorens, but I would be greatful of any other resort recommendations for a 3 ski day trip and any associated transfer companies. We would probably fly to geneva. If anyone has any hotel recommendations for Cham or VT (or any other recommended resort that accept part week booking that would be great, preferably b&b or half board.

I know I am asking for quite a bit of advice but fairly clueless when comes to DIY and even more so with only a short break, I generally use a small tour operator and everything is sorted!

Many thanks in advance.

Jono
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally I'd rule out VT; only as its a considerable transfer time from GVA. Ideally for such a short trip you're looking to maximise ski time on your arrival and/or departure days. VT is at least 3 hours from Geneva. Chamonix is obviously much closer, French resorts you could head to include Les Gets, Morzine, Megeve, La Clusaz, Les Carroz, Flaine, Avoriaz plus many other small resorts which would be fine (and cheaper) for a weekend break.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A good and very cheap weekend option that we do a lot is Andorra. Cheap flight to Barcelona, hire a car(6-8pounds per day!) and book hotel through hotelopia.com that includes food/lift pass and ski hire.
For example I'm going on the 8th of March, flight, car hire,2 nights half board hotel,2 days lift pass and ski hire came to a grand total of 207 each! Only costs once there are petrol, lunch on slopes and drinks. The skiing is decent, better suited to intermediates but with 205km of pistes(grandvalira) theres more than enough for a few days.
Downside is the length of transfer (3hours+) but driving yourself is much nicer than a coach/shared transfer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it that time already?, your biggest issue is going to be booking accommodation for the weekend - especially as you are looking at this relatively late for a peak period. Some options in Morzine and other places discussed in this thread. I can't help with specific advice in Chamonix sorry.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is there going to be snow in Andorra at Easter?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it that time already?, Hotel Rotonde, Verbier
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I go to Les Arcs for weekends quite often and even done Tignes over the Mayday weekend. Late flight from Luton to Geneva and we are in the resort about 23:00 and leave about 16:00 or 17:00 for the last flight back. It is usually a drive of about 2:30 from the airport. As usual hotels may take a bit of finding, but consider staying in Aime or Bourg and there should be availability. Start emailing now.

Also consider flying to Turin or Milan and skiing in the Monterosa ski area.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy