Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpa D'Huez mid march info needed please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

we are going on a fairly cheap ski holiday in mid march and managed to find a really good deal to alpa D'Huez I have used the search engine and found abit of info but just require some more before we book.We will be going in a group of 4 boarders and 2 skiers all intermediates and we usually do austria been kitzbuhel,mayrhofen,saalbach and soll. Just a few things i would like some info on, is the area suitable for intermediates and how good is the lift system many drags?what is the apres ski and nightlife like? what are the average prices of beer in resort centre,is there alot of brits there,general atmosphere around resort etc. Any help will be great and i look forward to your replies (hopefully)

Many Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I loved the place as an intermediate boarder; loads of variation in runs, some really long ones, some steep stuff, lots of off-piste. I managed to do pretty much the whole area without once going on a drag if i remember correctly.

It gets a lot of sun (hence it's nickname of 'isle in the sun') and later in the season the lower slopes can start to get really mushy but it was only on runs like Sarenne (the long black) where we really saw anything earthy coming through.

Definitely try Le Tunnel, just for the laugh (it's steep and very mogully) and Sarenne was good for doing a time-trial for a round of drinks... It's steep off Pic Blanc but gradually smoothes out and it's a big schuss down to the finish under Auris. Good fun.

Beer and food prices depend on the strength of the Euro - we went when it was pretty much £1=€1 but I'd expect for beers to be in the €5-8 range depending on where and what time you drink. Nightlife is decent and there are plenty of eateries both in the town and on the slopes to cater for a week of variation.

We went when there was a the British University SnowSports champs on, so we had several hundred UK students in town (might be worth checking if that still runs) so there wre lots of brit voices around on the evenings but most were too hammered to ski in the morning so it was fairly empty.

Where are you staying?

I did a review - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=1208944 - but there may be later ones that haven't been added into the index. Hope it helps Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shaggyovdonny, welcome to Snowheads. ADH is very suitable for intermediates. The lift system is excellent with hardly any drag lifts. You will have a ball.

ADH is quite big and relatively lively for France. It won't match the Austrian resorts you mention though. It's a pretty popular resort for Brits. Is that important?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi thank you both very much for the info we are stopping in the les bergers belambra apartments, I know the resort will not be as good as those I have been to but just glad it sounds lively and good ski area. Apart from the beer prices!!! All sound good for price we have got it for im looking forward to this trip just hope we find somewhere to drink for less than 5euros.oh one more thing how crowded do you think the slopes will be in mid march?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It won't be overly crowded and I would expect fewer lift closures due to weather. Almost ideal.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shaggyovdonny - in Les Bergers, within walking distance you have the lift that takes you down to the lifts fro Auris (a quiet part of the resort) and then you have the marmottes chair & bubble that take you up to 3000m where you can access loads of terrain.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks again for all the advice looking forward to this trip now
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy