Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wife wanted.

Poster: A snowHead
Must love skiing
Must be rich enough to support multiple ski trips.
Must be happy to watch man TV and drink wine when not skiing.

PM me ladies, im a real catch. Shocked

Just kidding, im on a downer as the current model refuses to ski again this year.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[quote="Corduroy
the current model refuses to ski again this year.[/quote]
Get signed up for snowHead bashes....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Corduroy, ................................. use the Infinite Improbability button!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Just kidding, im on a downer as the current model refuses to ski again this year.

How many fixes you had then. Toofy Grin
snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Just kidding, im on a downer as the current model refuses to ski again this year

Shocked why?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

Just kidding, im on a downer as the current model refuses to ski again this year

Shocked why?

Couldn't help wondering the same thing. Already married and thankfully my hubby is happy for me to drag him skiing Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Corduroy, I seem to manage the odd business trip at this time of year to cities not unadjacent to the Alps or Rockies. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My wife skis but doesn't share my enthusiasm, i.e. a week per year is enough for her and like to take other holidays.

We compromise and I go off on my own, best of both worlds.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
laundryman wrote:
Corduroy, I seem to manage the odd business trip at this time of year to cities not unadjacent to the Alps or Rockies. wink

Laundryman assumes "Smug mode"...... Envious? Me? Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your lucky, Mine wont ski at all.

Managed to get her to try an hour at Hemel under Spyderjons wifes excellent tuteledge, but it was obviosly too good as after an hour of snowploughing on the 3 degree slope, she announce skiing was too easy, boring and not challenging. She had mastered it and couldnt be bothered to go on a trip for something so easy

Fortunately she will allow me a couple of trips a year with some friends
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lol - meet all the requirements but not looking for a new model...... Takes so damn long to train them!! (Not entirely sure meet rich criteria but do prioritise several ski trips a year over other spending)

Taking girls away at Easter on my own for cheeky bonus week....we are trying not to mention it to himself too much so that he doesn't get shirty about it!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

Shocked why?

We already had a week in Les Arcs and that is enough for her. She claims it's not a holiday for her as its just too much effort.
I see her point, a ski trip is not relaxing like a week on the beach but i have the passion and she does not.

As we have a little one leaving her home alone is not easy, it would mean her taking a week off work to as she normally works evenings. Its very difficult.

I have the money to travel but not the lifestyle......p**ses me off massively
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
katedenhaag wrote:
Takes so damn long to train them!!

Hey, im fully trained. Seat down, bin out.....i know all that stuff
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Corduroy wrote:
Must love skiing

Sounds like you need a man, not a woman. And that's not an offer, just to be clear. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Hey, im fully trained. Seat down, bin out.....i know all that stuff

And therein lies the problem. You have allowed her to institutionalise you and now she thinks she's in charge Toofy Grin
snow report
Nunfa1, Laughing
snow conditions
Corduroy wrote:
Must love skiing

At least you've got one! Smile

I'm having trouble finding one that...

enjoys skiing (and I'd even pay for the holiday(s)!)
happy to join in on the red-wine drinking when no skiing...

I think it falls down when cold, wet, muddy weekends in Wales, rallying motorcycles comes into it, especially as it's often camping... (note to self, get that camper van on the road!)
snow report
Corduroy wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

Shocked why?

We already had a week in Les Arcs and that is enough for her. She claims it's not a holiday for her as its just too much effort.
I see her point, a ski trip is not relaxing like a week on the beach but i have the passion and she does not.

As we have a little one leaving her home alone is not easy, it would mean her taking a week off work to as she normally works evenings. Its very difficult.

I have the money to travel but not the lifestyle......p**ses me off massively

What sort of holiday was it? Was it a DIY, self catered and sharing the childcare? In which case what about goin to one of the family focused holidays which are catered and offer childcare? Our holiday with Esprit in Dec 2010 felt like the first real holiday for a very long time as I didnt spend a lot of time shopping, cooking and clearing up archer wards. Having the baby listening on evening meant we could get both the girls settled in bed and asleep then go down to dinner which was all cooked for us, have the odd glass or 3 of wine with it and really relax and enjoy the evening.
snow report
Maybe you just need to wait until your little one is old enough to go away with you on your own - this year will be second time I have taken my 2 on my own... First time was just a few days tagged onto end of trip to Seattle when they were 6 and 8..... Full week would have been too much for little one not to need shorter days at that point. This year will be full week and E now 8 quite ok all day (presuming Easiski doesn't wear them out too much)
I abs love skiing with the kids - they whine far less/ want to ski more than their father!!
snow conditions
feef wrote:
Corduroy wrote:
Must love skiing

I think it falls down when cold, wet, muddy weekends in Wales, rallying motorcycles comes into it, especially as it's often camping... (note to self, get that camper van on the road!)

Do you need this person to be female?
ski holidays
Thornyhill wrote:
feef wrote:
Corduroy wrote:
Must love skiing

Do you need this person to be female?

It would be a distinct advantage!
ski holidays
feef wrote:

damn - I meet all the rest of your criteria Toofy Grin
snow report
Thornyhill wrote:
feef wrote:

That tends to be the problem.. my life is a sausagefest
snow conditions
feef wrote:
Thornyhill wrote:
feef wrote:

lets no go there Toofy Grin
snow report
Ummm..... I made sure that my OH was as enthusiastic about winter sports before I even started dating him! Bad drills Corduroy
latest report
Bloody hell, reading these threads makes me agree with my friends for once, how the hell am I single?! 

I want a man (boyfriend please, no husbands – too much effort apparently wink) who:
- Loves skiing and is willing to go every weekend, and every day off in winter (boarders are acceptable, as long as they don’t need towing too much!)
- Pays his own way NehNeh
- Is willing to watch rugby and F1, and discuss them in depth – or stay quiet and not complain when I’m watching! Willingness to attend actual races is a bonus.
- Doesn’t like soccer, or at least will never ever expect me to watch it
- Will fully partake in après including copious amounts of beer, wine, shots, cocktails, dancing on tables and general merriment. Participation in summer versions also mandatory. Must be able to keep up – being outdrunk by a girl isn’t cool Toofy Grin
- Likes motorbikes, scuba diving, hiking, kayaking, cycling in the summer
- Loves live music and festivals
- Is house trained – ah, that would be the problem then!
ski holidays
fixx, we are a match! Perhaps we can just forget about the rugby?
latest report
fixx, because they don't want to be outlad by a girl?? lol
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Corduroy,

Doh! Go on your own, wife stays at home and looks after the little one, while you get some quality skiing in. Join a Snoworks or Warren Miller type course to ski with others. You'll have a great time.
snow report
Quote:

Go on your own, wife stays at home and looks after the little one, while you get some quality skiing in.

This, then you take a week off sometime later and look after the little one, while she goes off and has the holiday she wants.
snow report
I couldn't imagine having a partner who doesn't do snowsports, in fact I frequently out-hardcore my boyf as he is a softie when it comes to getting up early and actually getting a full day out there!
I feel for those of you who don't have it easy Sad Sad Sad Sad
I totally understand by what you mean with skiing being 'your passion' it is the same for me with sports and the outdoors, there's no way I could stop doing it for anyone.

edit: I am a female Smile

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 30-01-13 10:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fixx, I don't think I'd like to be in a relationship with someone who wanted to do everything I wanted to do all the time! Bit of overlap of interests is obviously good, but I enjoy the fact I have some interests that are mine and that I pursue either on my own or with my friends, and OH has stuff he does on his own or with his friends.
latest report
Corduroy, you reckon you have wife issues. I started a ski company and am married to a woman who doesn't like mountains.

Thankfully she's very supportive of what I do and lets me go on my own and I figure opposites attract so I'll not be looking for a down grade any time soon. wink
ski holidays
miranda, good point. I have my fencing for that. I think other half is scared of me with a sword Toofy Grin
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Go on your own, wife stays at home and looks after the little one, while you get some quality skiing in.

This, then you take a week off sometime later and look after the little one, while she goes off and has the holiday she wants.

This works a treat. Also means I do not have to go to any cozy hotels for spa breaks. TFFT.

Cozy- not my word.

Spa- NO thanks , rather ski , golf or grand prix.
ski holidays
fixx wrote:
Bloody hell, reading these threads makes me agree with my friends for once, how the hell am I single?! 

I want a man (boyfriend please, no husbands – too much effort apparently wink) who:
- Loves skiing and is willing to go every weekend, and every day off in winter (boarders are acceptable, as long as they don’t need towing too much!)
- Pays his own way NehNeh
- Is willing to watch rugby and F1, and discuss them in depth – or stay quiet and not complain when I’m watching! Willingness to attend actual races is a bonus.
- Doesn’t like soccer, or at least will never ever expect me to watch it
- Will fully partake in après including copious amounts of beer, wine, shots, cocktails, dancing on tables and general merriment. Participation in summer versions also mandatory. Must be able to keep up – being outdrunk by a girl isn’t cool Toofy Grin
- Likes motorbikes, scuba diving, hiking, kayaking, cycling in the summer
- Loves live music and festivals
- Is house trained – ah, that would be the problem then!

I don't mind being outdrunk by anyone...

Not so keen on rugby but it's infinitely preferable over football..

shame you're in Geneva NehNeh
ski holidays
feef wrote:

Tell me about it!

I was in a bar last week with one of Scarpa's mates who had just arrived in the valley. At the end of the evening, it occurred to me that I had been the only woman in the bar the entire time. If it was London, I would have assumed I had wandered into a gay bar.

Get thee to Chamonix fixx but be prepared to trade in the rugby for ice hockey. Oh and there's a saying here: the odds are good but the goods are odd.
snow conditions
fixx

man {tick}:
- Loves skiing and is willing to go every weekend, and every day off in winter {tick}:
- Pays his own way {tick}:
- Is willing to watch rugby {tick} F1: you are on your own - never seen the point of paying vast sums to watch overpaid schoolboys go round in circles whilst attempting to avoid getting caught for cheating:
- Doesn’t like soccer, or at least will never ever expect me to watch it {tick}:
- Will fully partake in après including copious amounts of beer, wine, shots, cocktails, dancing on tables and general merriment. Participation in summer versions also mandatory. Must be able to keep up – being outdrunk by a girl isn’t cool {tick}:
- Likes motorbikes, scuba diving, hiking, kayaking, cycling in the summer {tick} own a Ducati, can dive but not qualified, can hike and kayak, can build my own bicycles from scratch:
- Loves live music and festivals {tick}:
- Is house trained – {tick} having lived with girls at various times I can attest that the myth women are more house trained is, indeed, a freakin' myth! I also cook quite well according to those consuming results.

Pity about the F1 - would have been a match made in SnowHeads otherwise ........
snow report
Zero-G,

"the odds are good but the goods are odd" Laughing

It's a combination of lots of bangs on the 'ead while learning to ski and then the time spent at altitude.

You expect "normal" when the job description is spending all your money, time, lust and focus on sliding down a hill in the cold dressed like a gotdamn loon?
ski holidays
Quote:

gotdamn loon

that's a German bird isn't it? Why are you dressing up as a bird? Is it aerodynamic? Where can I get a suit??
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy