Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I add audio?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a salomon cruiser helmet and would like to add headphones. The ear pads are removable but I can't find any audio ready replacements. Anyone know if these exist? Otherwise I'll see if I can dismantle a cheap set and insert the speakers into the existing ear pads.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just put a standard earphone in under the earpad/helmet, easier than dismantling stuff and works just fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out Domio, way better solution
https://domiosports.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone for spam fritters ^ ?

@Nixtoo, I think @clarky999s solution is a good suggestion
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@djf, I suspect @Nixtoo has found the solution or given up in the intervening 5 years Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hahahahaha didn’t notice that theyd not only spammed but bumped a 5 year old post. However, I’m sure nixtoo is still looking otherwise the thread would have he solution. Ok maybe not Embarassed

Hope you are well, have missed seeing you at Hemel showing me up
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm good thanks. I've only been there 6 times in the last fortnight Laughing snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use an 'Aftershokz' bone conducting headset, fits under a helmet with no pressure points and leaves the ear channels open for ambient sounds. They're b'tooth paired with my phone and I use voice control to take and make calls and control music/radio. They'll also pair with my w/talkies so even less faffing about with stuff in pockets Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tubaski, I guess it’s just bad
Timing on my part. That’s quite a few times !

Ironically I went into this thread to read about headphones so thanks @auntie masque that’s really interesting I’ll look into those.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@djf, the audio is not as thumping good as top end 'in ear' buds but better than many and on a legal thought, you can never be accused of 'distracted skiing' when using them Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks @auntie masque have been looking into them and they're very interesting. It looks like the best of both worlds. I cycle to work a lot too so they'd be useful there as well. i'm in two minds whether bluetooth version or wired, I have a set of CARV inserts and they recommend for the moment not to use bluetooth headsets.

Out of interest what walkie talkies are you paired with ? I'm heading to Andorra in march and WT's may also be on the short list.

Cheers
djf
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@djf, sorry, I've not got them with me so I can't give you the model # but they've made by Midland.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy