Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing from Val Thorens to Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Basically, my question is: is it possible to ski from Val Thorens to Tignes?

I'm looking to meet friends in Tignes, and I'm currently just south of the 3 Valleys, so I can get to Val Thorens easily, and ski passes aren't a worry. I simply wondered if it was possible, and if so, is it feasible to do in a day? If I do go I will be staying over, so a return leg needn't be factored into the length of time it takes.

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dub10, Welcome to Snowheads. It took some finding but I was sure it had been asked before

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2011820
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dub10, If you were an experienced ski tourer and had a guide I think with a bit of trecking you could . . . but not on lift served piste. There are plenty of Summer walking routes (fond memory of youth) that will take you there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dub10, if you're south of 3V and can get to VT easily, I'd suggest you can probably also get to Tignes a hell of a lot easier than skiing there from VT. Even if you can just get to Moutiers (the town that serves as the access point to all of the three valleys resorts) there are buses from there to Tignes and back.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all your replies, I think the bus seems like the most viable option, was considering a taxi but unfortunately my first name isn't "Sheikh". Thanks again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's possible to ski from Orelle/VT to the far end of the 3V area, off piste down to Bozel, where it's about 10-15mins in a cab to Champagny which is in the Paradiski system. That takes U to Villaroger which is just down the road from Tignes: perhaps about 20 mins in a cab up to Les Brevierres? Or there's likely to be a bus but I don't know how regularly.

It's a long way though - U wont want to hang about!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
It's possible to ski from Orelle/VT to the far end of the 3V area, off piste down to Bozel, where it's about 10-15mins in a cab to Champagny which is in the Paradiski system. That takes U to Villaroger which is just down the road from Tignes: perhaps about 20 mins in a cab up to Les Brevierres? Or there's likely to be a bus but I don't know how regularly.

That sounds like an epic trip actually Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
feef, It does sound like a lot of fun for a two day trip there and back. I'm thinking you could ski to Orelle then bus to Bonneval sur Arc and a hike to the top of the pass and slide the road down into Val Disease.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin wrote:

Fair does, that's a great idea!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Like this:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2012212
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well well, if I'd only thought of looking on snowHeads, it would have saved me (all the fun of) working it out.
Thank you altis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy