Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Contrasts in descriptions - Nordica Hot Rod 85

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nordica Hot Rod 85

http://www.skiboots.com/Nordica_Hot_Rod_85_p/_00584600576.htm (for the entry level skier to the lighter weight upper intermediate.)

vs

http://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-ski-boots/nordica-hot-rod-85-2011.aspx - (Designed for advanced to expert skiers)

Shocked Puzzled rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There seems to be some confusion in the second link about whether they are describing the Hot Rod 85 or the Hot Rod 95.

That said, I think marketing people are aware that consumers who buy entry level boots are frequently not that knowledgeable about the ski boot market. I can remember trying in vain to explain to an 'intermediate level' friend that buying 'expert level' ski boots would not necessarily improve her skiing, as they might well be too stiff for her. I think this may also be the reason why you sometimes see soft skis, which are designed to be friendly and forgiving on black runs, marketed as 'expert skis.'

Flex ratings and last widths can be a more useful way of objectively describing the charachteristics / intended market of a boot on paper. However, again there are pitfalls, as marketing can play a big role in a manufacturers interpretation of these supposedly objective numbers.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 29-01-13 17:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ratae Corieltauvorum, 100mm last, 85 flex boot isn't exactly a low volume advanced boot. First link is about right.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman wrote:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, 100mm last, 85 flex boot isn't exactly a low volume advanced boot. First link is about right.

Hmmm, I was wondering if the flex rating was giving a key clue, I need at some point this year to go and get fitted, and apart from Snow & Rock in Bristol it seems everybody raves about the place in Bicester which is within striking distance from here
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ratae Corieltauvorum wrote:
it seems everybody raves about the place in Bicester which is within striking distance from here

and they're not wrong, Colin CEM at Solutions4Feet is your man. Best time to go is October.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman wrote:
Ratae Corieltauvorum wrote:
it seems everybody raves about the place in Bicester which is within striking distance from here

and they're not wrong, Colin CEM at Solutions4Feet is your man. Best time to go is October.

Why October?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ratae Corieltauvorum, Best stock levels.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman wrote:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, Best stock levels.

Ok, gotcha
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy