Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbiers, 2nd March, Looking to team up maybe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, first post here Blush

I'm a 56 year old male skier. Very experienced alpine climber, intermediate off piste skier. For financial reasons I have had a 5 year lay off from skiing - so maybe that intermediate will turn out to be a bit optimistic! (I am generally happy to tackle any piste in the resort, whatever colour)

Planning to go out seriously cheap and dirty to Verbier around the 2nd March. If going out alone I plan to fly and stay in the bunker (yeah I know all about it, haven't stayed there, but have frequently stayed in alpine huts so I guess I can take it!). If I can get others then maybe drive; splitting costs (can probably get two passengers and all gear in my car and I don't mind doing all the driving; done it many times before) and maybe cheap apartment down the valley; driving up each day or using the cable.

So I'm interested in tying up with anyone interested in going off-piste (with my above caveat) either meeting up out there or travelling together. I have no issues about gender or age (though you might!).

Also can anyone tell me if there is off-piste glacier skiing in the Verbier area? And if so, is there enough to be worth carrying glacier skiing stuff (harness, rope, slings, etc) on a flight? From the maps I suspect the answer is no, but Verbier is a ski area I've not yet been too so I haven't the knowledge. Which is an important point; I obviously do not know the off-piste routes in that area so don't think of me as someone who can 'guide' you to them. It'd be dead handy if you do know them though Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No longer planning on staying in the Bunker; it seems that 3 years ago they stopped taking individual bookings and you can now only book the bunker for groups of at least 10 people.

I now have a mate who has joined me and we have booked an apartment and are looking for one more body (preferably alive) to cut costs. Details on the new thread I have started:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=97116&highlight=
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MadMountainMan, have tried sending you a PM a couple of times but messages aren't showing in my sentbox, so forgive me if you've already got this message...

I'm looking for accomm in Verbier 2nd-4th March (return flight leaves 5th), would you consider my joining you for three nights? I'm a 51yr old male solo skier.

Thanks, Fergus.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy