Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurers failing to pay out for medical treatment - case studies sought

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't see what the problem is - he's a journalist doing research for a potential article probably based on some tale he heard or that was otherwise reported in a newspaper. Like any good journalist he's doing the legwork to see what the truth of the matter is. If he can't find sufficient corroborated evidence, he'll shelve the issue. Seems like a perfectly reasonable way of checking the facts to post here and see what comes up by way of anecdote given the depth of ski related experience and the span of time some people here have been hitting the slopes (literally, in some cases). What do you want him to do, chase air ambulances on spec as they hit the tarmac in the UK??

Nothing to report from me - my ski insurance related nightmares revolve around homes and contents insurance and car insurance, not injury.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its none of our business how much he posts on here and asking him to post more sounds rather desperate IMV

If you decide his lack of contribution means you wont share your experiences with him, thats your choice to make.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pandora wrote:
Simon Calder comes across as a reasonble man on the TV, but that doesn't mean his journalism isn't flawed. Just my tuppenceworth. Anyway, back to trying to find a sensationalist story. You won't find one of those from me, oh, no! Cool

True of almost all journalists even the "heavyweight" ones, who have to try to twist a complex and incomplete fact pattern into something understandable and bite-sized for joe public. You see it in coverage of anything where you have a keen interest, whether professional or as a hobby from your local football club to hadron colliders.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Comedy Goldsmith, I know what we need, its an inspired idea...

we need a minimum daily post % share wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, letting him hide behind an imaginary intern.

He put same request up on Twitter so I think this was him.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pandora, I don't think that was designed to be antagonstic. Controlled Rest is good, but not two at a time... and you know there have been issues. Point to inaccurate facts please? But if you see newspaper journalists write about anything you actually know about, it'll always look iffy.

As fatbob says...

SimonCalder, guess which posters here are:

1) a prominent member of the ski insurance industry...
2) a journalist who doesn't get published much these days...
3) Possibly an intern...

Good luck. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoat of the dead, 4) airline pilot
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy