Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski stag advice needed please.............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alrighty,

I've been asked by a mate for advice in planning a stag for one of his friends. They were all keen borders ten years ago but most haven't been in quite some time.

End of March April time is the provisional date and the majority will be flying from Scotland. Both 4 and 7 night trips are a possibility.

My thoughts are that they would need some where that provides decent and not too expensive apres so I think Austria is the place to go. However, the planned date is quite late in the season so snow conditions are a concern.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Any advice is much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sean1967,

Apparently Patagonia positively welcomes parties of Drunken Stag party snowboarders wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Could try looking at pas de la casa in Andorra. They are getting a lot of snow at the moment and its a known as mt. benidorm
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our Spring Special Offer might suit them in Tignes - it includes transfers, catered accommodation, lift pass and equipment? (we will require a damage deposit from Stag Do's!) : not posted on our website yet so sorry for all the text here : Contact reservations@mountainsunltd.com for further info.

§ Arrivals any day from 14th – 21st April for three nights @ £199 per person

§ Arrivals any day from 22nd – 28th April for three nights @ £179 per person

§ Arrivals any day from 29th April – 4th May for three nights @ £135 per person

Supplements:

§ Friday and Saturday night : £24 per person per night

§ Type B room : £4 per person per night

§ Type A room : £6 per person per night

Some type A and B rooms can sleep 3 of 4 people : where rooms are used as triple or quad room no ROOM supplement will apply.

Additional nights possible subject to availability at £65 per night up to 21st April, £55 per person per night 22nd – 28th April and £45 29th April onwards (plus any applicable supplements)

The price includes:

§ Return Geneva transfers (set times collecting at around 19:30 outwards and leaving resort 16:00 on return for flights after 20:30)

§ Three nights catered accommodation with a hot late supper on arrival night, breakfast and afternoon tea with homemade cakes daily and three course dinner other nights of your stay.

§ 3 Day lift pass – full Espace Killy up to 5th May.

§ Free Equipment Rental – use of Mountainsun Ltd’s full rental stock.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sean1967, SnowBombing in Mayrhofen seems made for you, m8 ....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sean1967, I went to St Anton for my stag do at the end of March last year. Snow sure enough, Ishgl would be the other one I'd consider but it's just too runndy expensive while St Anton has some budget accomadation on offer. If it were earlier I'd also recommend Kitzbuhel, Ski Welt, and Saalbach, whilst all will still have good skiing it's more of a gamble. Solden also has some lairy Austrian apres and is particualry snow sure.

I think you're doing the right thing looking at Austria, IMO no one does apres like it but it's not for everyone. We weighed up going for <1 week and it wasn't worth it. For a week it cost us £800 all in in a catered chalet. Stag do was an unforgetable experienced, skied and partied hard.......... It was pretty warm so the infamous happy valley and lower runs were mash potatoes by the end of the day. You can always download in one of the gondolas though, everything higher up was in great nick but it was an idicated 24oC in the town, just expect spring conditions, although cold and heavy dumps are not unheard of either. It was ideal for us, sitting on a sun terrace bathed in the sun with a cold beer in the mountains is one of lifes great pleasures to me.

PM me if you want any particulars of what we done.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sean1967, Did a weekend trip to Kitzbuhl with a stag a few year ago, seemed to tick most boxes. Cheap as chips accommodation (hostel), some good bars, good skiing and some (ahem) entertainment, although allededly it's easier to find in solden

you'll have to find some pretty committed stag mates to get 7 days off from her indoors for a stag - all we needed was a weekend pass which was much easier to swing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
sean1967, SnowBombing in Mayrhofen seems made for you, m8 ....

Absolutely this. I first went to Snowbombing on a 4 day stag do, and it was epic. So much so that we went back for a whole week the next year. Think of it as a massive party in the Alps; various bits and pieces going on during the day then the town comes alive at night and into the early hours, with huge indoor venues hosting some of the world's top DJs and bands.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grizwald wrote:
sean1967 ....sitting on a sun terrace bathed in the sun with a cold beer in the mountains is one of lifes great pleasures to me.

^^^ +1 Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whistler. End of discussion.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Anton. j4meseaton, overruled.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but I too am arranging a Sat to Monday (two night) trip to St Anton for a group of 12-14 in April. Anybody have any accomodation recommendations? Ideal wish list would be reasonably priced and St Anton (somewhere in the village, a ski home from the Moose) rather than Nasserein, but happy to consider that. Would prefer B&B (or catered) to SC. Thanks!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

reasonably priced and St Anton

ROTFLMAO!!! rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy