Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnoKart - Black Kart

Poster: A snowHead
Seems to recall a thread about these in the past but cant find it, apologies if I'm repeating anything here........

They do a combined ski/ double holdall combo bag that joins together, but at 185cm's seems a tad short for my 191cm WD Redeemers. Anyone got one who could run a tape measure over it and see if they think my skis's would fit in, seems fairly obvious they wont but sometimes they are described short. My 184 Mantras will go in no problem but I would want to take both pairs if I was buying one.

Another question, at 9kg for the whole bag its fairly hefty, anyone had baggage weight issues with these?

Finally, if I could get the Redeemers in I am tempted, but dont know whether there are any summer close-out sales on these, anyone any experience? At £199 its a costly piece of kit, but in a summer sale would be worth the wait and a potential hold off until they come down in price a bit, or is that what they cost, end-of.....?!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Although they say 185cm, even my 182 Movement Jams are a snug fit, and require a bit of manoeuvring to get them in. I don't think you'd get 191cm skis in there, maybe at a push if they were the only ones, and sitting diagonally. It's quite a robust bag, so doesn't stretch or deform enough to allow for much difference in length.

Plenty of room tho.. I managed to fit my Jams, my Majesty Superior and CoreUpt Dirty B'stard all in the one bag, and still had space to jam in odds and sods.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
search snokart finds lots of posts Mark! inc one saying they did have a sale....

and also this bit from someone at the company

Quote:
it is possible to fit a pair of 183's into The Kart, together with another pair of shorter skis, but The Kart is not large enough to accommodate a third set of skis. Go for our Ski Zoom for the third set of skis as this is adjustable and will take skis up to 190cm//

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1934954&highlight=snokart#1934954

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1935507&highlight=snokart#1935507

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1773701&highlight=snokart#1773701

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1135507&highlight=snokart#1135507
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
feef, kitenski, Cheers guys, looks like a no go then, back to the drawing board. Bit late for trip at the weekend but on/ off trains Munich/ Arlberg at the weekend suddenly thought after packing my ski bag last night with 2 pairs skis, skins, av gear, shovel, crampons, poles, etc, do I really need to be carrying this all the way and on/ off trains?! If its was available in the right length I may have paid express delivery to get one in time but too short it seems, wonder why they dont make a longer one, so many freeride skis these days and most quivers have a pair of long fatties I would have thought? Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29, yup it's a PITA They don't make them long enough!!

Been keeping an eye on these bags, but also not long enough!! http://skibag-lokker.deal-net.co.uk/double-wheelie-ski-bag-lokker.html

This looks like it may go up to 2m??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/K2-Allski-Roller-Travel-Luggage/dp/B008EQGPLA?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, Mmm, its that zip off 2 bag thing that's attractive though, Da Kine do a 2m wheeled ski bag too, attraction is it'd be great to have it all in one piece of luggage for lugging about on/ off trains, maybe SnoKart will bring one out sometime. I contacted their Director last year and they said they have no plans though which seems a bit odd, but I guess they'd have to re-jig all their manufacturing set up.......looks like a gap in the market there to me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The one thing I found with the Blackkart is it's actually quite cumbersome once it's all zipped together into a single, long, wheeled bag. I also learnt, the hard way, to ensure all the heaviest stuff goes into the base part of the bag, otherwise you're lifting the heaviest end.

In practice, I actually found it easier to just carry the ski bag and wheel the holdall as normal. Maybe if I was having to lug it greater distances the all-in-one would be more useful, but the time taken zipping it all together when I got out the car, to unzipping it all at checkin was enough of a faff it was just easier to carry it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone know if I could get a pair of boots in with my skis in the Snowkart Skizoom ski bag?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got an Evoc snow roller. That takes 195s OK, and has plenty of room for my size 12 boots as well. I usually put my salopettes, skis, poles, boots, and a thick fleece in, with Mrs M's uphill skis, poles & boots as well. That takes it to about 22 KG, but it would hold a whole lot more gear if the weight restrictions allowed.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've a wheeled ski bag that takes over 190cm skis, and holds about three/four pairs. It's massive.

I don't need it any more if anyones still looking.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heads up these have appeared on sportpursuit, but not the all singing all dancing zip off 2 bag thing! But there is a BLACK KARGO which splits into 2 bags....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, yes, saw that bit they still don't do the combo thing in 190cm configuration for longer skis. I'm still of the opinion it'd be a winner for them but they only do shorter ones for now.

I'm looking for a good priced double wheely ski bag if anyone sees one anywhere I'd welcome heads up, must be long enough for 191cm skis.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've been using my BlackKart system a few times last season. If I'm completely honest, I think you'd be better off with just a wheeled bag and a ski bag. I found when it was all full, it was just FAR too heavy and long to be easily used when all connected up. Admittedly I had 3 pairs of skis in the bag, and it might well be more useable with only one or two, but it's still not a light combo.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
feef, I came to same conclusion based on need to throw on and off trains and put in overhead racks they'd be too heavy. Cheers for feedback.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
feef wrote:
I've been using my BlackKart system a few times last season. If I'm completely honest, I think you'd be better off with just a wheeled bag and a ski bag. I found when it was all full, it was just FAR too heavy and long to be easily used when all connected up. Admittedly I had 3 pairs of skis in the bag, and it might well be more useable with only one or two, but it's still not a light combo.

Save excess fees on flights if it all combines to one bag though.
ski holidays
clarky999, not sure about that it'd weight 40kg, how'd airlines react to that?

With those guns of yours Matt you'd be ok though eh?! wink
latest report
Markymark29, Laughing

Just thinking more along the lines of only bag to pay for - 'cos other than Emirates everyone seems to charge more for two bags even if both combined are under the weight limit. Just using one big ski bag (for all clothes/sole hold bag) is ok, but then a bit of a ball-ache if you're doing further travelling after the flight. I like the idea of the totally separate compartments, keep ski kit and normal stuff separate when moving around. I'd probably only clip the two bags together for the flight.

Shame it's too short and pretty pricey!
ski holidays
clarky999, I'm looking to sell my Snokart Kargo, have used it three four times, its a great bag and I used it twice for a combined trip where I skied and had to do other stuff and the separate compartments are indeed handy, the big wheels are a big advantage, its the old model grey and white, cost me £87.94 including postage open to offers. PM me if interested, I also have the big Snow and Rock bag to get dispose of, that's has seen a reasonable bit of use. Basically Mrs R has said that three ski bags is two too many.
latest report
radar, sadly I need a 190cm bag, otherwise that'd have been great!
ski holidays
Can you get ski boots in the Lokker ski bags?
snow report
1969jma, which model of the Lokker bags? I have the Team Double ski bag and if anything it is too big (but also a bit too short). Easily get boots, 2 or 3 pairs of skis and a load of gear in there. That would take you over regular weight limits for airlines, which seems to be the biggest constraint.
snow conditions
Will the double team fit skis, poles, ski boots, ski clothing, personal clothing, and other bits & bobs

will the single ski bag purple on site?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy