Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski/Snowboarding group 16/17 March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi.
I Ski and would like to join a group holiday in March 16th or 17th I have just learnt to snowboard too but am still only learning...if there is a lot of powder I might be tempted to higher a board!
I am in my mid 30's and have been skiing for about 10 years.
Louise
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Louise, I am also looking for a group trip or to join a few bods at least that week. I am an intermediate boarder. Seen a few people also interested in that week but not sure if things are going to progress there or not, I'm getting radio silence so I'm happy to look at arranging anything really. Did you have any particular area in mind? Do you prefer a quiet or busy nightlife etc?
David
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dont really mind where we go as long as its not too expensive and would prefer ski in out but am quite flexible...a quiet night life and not really into dancing in ski boots!

Louise
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah yes, i forget apres ski is much for harder if you are in ski boots, lol!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would this be of interest? About 650 quid for a week with 4hrs daily tuition, all meals. Just need to cover flights/transfers plus drinks. And they even offer a coach service from London if you want to avoid airports.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2216217#2216217
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hi lou and soche,i had a look at the same week with action outdoors but the flight prices are pretty dear that week,all in for that week with flights and transfers its working out at 896 pounds,thats flying from belfast,if you go out on the 6th of april with the same package its coming in at 656 all in,240 pounds cheaper
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Found an all in deal for £548.10 ex lift pass higher and lessons.

CHALET NATHALIE
A Traditional Meribel ski chalet: very close to the slopes and après ski.
That's biased on 4 sharing two twin rooms.
What are your thoughts?
Louise
P.s I can only make the 16or17 March.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Lou

Does that include flights??
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes includes flights, transfers and fully catered 😀
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sorry for all the questions but is that with a tour op or is the flights low cost,i would be flying in from belfast so the tranfers would need to also coincide Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thats OK.
It's from a London airport not sure which one will have to check.Prob no good for you then!?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This morning i booked the action outdoors thing for that week. 16 March in Tignes (only one available if single) and opted for the coach from London Victoria so £775 include 23 hours of lessons, all meals, shared basic accommodation, lift pass and equipment hire. Could be a mistake getting the coach, it leaves Victoria 7pm on the Friday evening so its perfect for me to reach after work with my board bag.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did you check the reviews? I know to take them with a pinch of salt as some people expect the ritz at Butlin's price http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580182-i9852-k3947689-Chalet_Nathalie-Meribel_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi everyone
The snow in tignes will be great. The xgames are on too. I have stayed in UCPA tignes before. Loved the location and the food. Had such a laugh. This will be my third ActionOutdoor trip.

Discount code EL2012 if u need it...

Can't wait to go!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just booked action outdoors in Tignes 😄 Hope snow lasts and we have clear days!!😃
snow report
Ooh, 3 of us going so far! EWinter, are you flying or coaching it?
snow report
Flying to geneva... Then long transfer. Won't arrive til late on the Saturday night

That's great that we have at least 3!
snow conditions
Thats a shame, 2 of us are coaching
ski holidays
well im travelling from ireland so no coach option for me! and it will be st. patricks day on the 17th. ill be celebrating on the slopes. pack something green!
snow report
Don't think I've got anything that's green!? Ill have to look 😄
ski holidays
My jacket is bright green, that should do 😀
snow conditions
Has there been a group formed here or you just booking individually through action sports? I'm a 28 f intermediate skier!
snow conditions
We booked separately. eWinter flies from Ireland. Lou & myself are getting the coach there which leaves the Friday night (via the action outdoors linked travel company, no early check in and no additional costs to take equipment etc, just a c.20hr road and ferry trip). On my confirmation I got the following link to send out if anyone wanted to join the group, I think it just selects the location and date rather than anything more... http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?GroupRef=42559d80 Website is being updated right now but should up in an hour or so.
snow report
Hey clufty 84,
The more the merrier! I'm a 29 female. I'm improver/intermediate... Depends on the day!

If you book with action outdoors use my code EL2012 to get 10pounds off!

Let us know how u get on!
snow report
Thank you that's great.
Ill take a look when the sites up and running!
snow report
Hi,
I am also interested in joining in this trip and taking the potential risk with Action Outdoors. I am a 29 year old male and have only done one week on the snow before so the lessons etc being included and going on the coach all sounds good to me.

Pete
latest report
Hi Pete.
I have stayed in this ucpa centre before, great location, great food, great fun. Small Dorm style rooms ,u never know who u will be sharing with but so what! It's not fancy but for the price it's well worth it. The xgames are on at the time so don't delay too long to book incase it books out. And even if u are in different ski lessons by day everyone catches up over lunch/dinner or in the bar.
Use code EL2012 for 10 pounds off. From eWinter
ski holidays
Hi eWinter,
Thanks for your reply as the accommodation is a slight concern of mine with what I have read about it. The small, lack of security etc doesnt sound like luxury but then I have to remember the price includes the lessons etc too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anyone done the singles UCPA week before? I don't think I would get much out of group lessons but would love to ski with a group, potentially exploring off piste with a guide. The singles weeks seem to come with half day lessons as a minimum, seems a shame to pay for something if I wouldn't really want to use it!

So my question is, is there a way to do the holiday without lessons, or would you then find it harder to meet people!?
latest report
Hi I have booked with full lessons...still have not commited to skiing or boarding but if I ski I am the same in a way dont really want lessons but thought it would be a good way to meet people who ski at the same level as me and then if a few fancy breaking away from the lessons that would be an option Smile
To be fair the price of the holiday is very cheep so in effect you are getting the lessons for practically no charge...so my thinking was if I dont like them which might be very likely, considering I have the concentration span of a nat, I can just do my own thing without feeling like I have waisted any money.Yes I think you are right singles holidays do come with the minimum of half day lessons.
ski holidays
Hi MWG Thomas,
My first action outdoor trip was a solo trip. The lessons are good way to make friends at your correct ski level. If u book half time lessons then u can ski with these new friends when lessons are over. Or by end of the week just skip the lessons. As Lou said you are basically getting free lesson if you compare ski pass,rental and lesson packages with other ski companies.
In tignes the ski area is so big we went to different parts of the mountains everyday so didn't get bored! I think u are better off signing up for lessons...
EWinter
ski holidays
Hi Pete, honestly the rooms are fine for the amount of time u spend in there. Well I'm going back again so it didn't put me off anyway! Are u bringing your own ski gear or just renting? There was a group of 8 of us last time and none of us had any security issues. My only problem was remembering which skis were mine!
snow report
"action outdoors" has a facebook page - for those that are booked up, if you are on facebook and search for it you will find quite a few with the same name but look for the one with the same logo as their webpage. I wrote a comment asking who is going on 16th to Tignes and got 1 reply so far, would be good to all link in to that to keep track of who is coming Smile

eWinter - what size padlock did you take for the locker in your room? The confirm email says take one but i didnt know what shape / size the locker will be.

From the sounds of the instruction on reviews I read of Tignes, the instruction for Skiing is fantastic, the snowboarding is mixed comments but it doesnt bother me much.

MWG Thomas - bizarrely the lessons start on Monday but we have lift pass and equipment from 8am Sunday so we have a free day on the mountain anyway. Probably not much fun for total beginners!
ski holidays
soche, i brought a lock (a heavy, strong 1&1/2 inch high and wide) last year but never even used it coz no one else was using one. but basically a lock that fits on your suitcase zips would fit or bigger size up would also work. The locker is basically a skiny wadrobe (6 ft tall, 1 ft wide with a rail and a shelf) and there is a 'decent size', semi circle/ring of metal on the door that lines up with a semi circle/ring of metal on the frame that the lock can connect to. but you have a key to your room too. maybe a lock with a combination is better than one with a key incase you lose it out on the piste!

also i love the fact the lessons start on monday. its been about a year since my last ski trip so at least it gives me time to find my ski legs before lessons start. i know i can ski reds but on day one I often feel unstable even on flat ground! my brain needs time to adjust to having skis strapped to my feet! then when we get allocated to ski groups on monday i feel ready! however the key is not to do anything stupid on the sunday that puts u out of action for the rest of the week! Total beginners get a lesson on sunday afternoon (in flaine anyway) but i dont think tignes is recommended for total beginners.
snow report
Sounds good - I'm quite tempted by the offpiste week 30 - 6 Apr 13 in Chamonix. I know lessons would be a good way to meet people/see the mountain, but I don't really want to be skiing piste! The X Games might swing it though!

Either way, it looks like a great way to spend a week given the rest of my friends have bailed this year!
latest report
eWinter, Lou, soche,
I'm definitely looking into booking on. Looks great!
Ill prob book the half day ski lessons for improver. X
ski holidays
great news clufty! Cool
snow conditions
Cool Very Happy
I just went for full lessons as there is hardly a price difference and if lessons are as good as the reviews then I wont be missing out...are you going to go by coach too?
ski holidays
Woohoo! Sounds like we gathering quite a crowd!
Clufty, I booked half time lessons too.
Don't forget EL2012 for 10 pound discount... I'm like a broken record, sorry! But I need 5 people to use it before I get a discount! So anyone reading this, feel free to use it! Or write it down and keep it for your next action outdoors trip coz in my experience once u use them u get hooked!

Very Happy eWinter
ski holidays
Only a month to go!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy