Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Poles - Black Diamond Traverse?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One ski pole tip - carbon - is crumbling away and so I'm after new poles. Was thinking of Black Diamond Traverse Ski Pole as I could do with an adjustable pole for some uphill poling.
Any experience of these poles and are the baskets interchangeable for piste/off piste??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup they're excellent and you can change the basket although I've never bothered. Had mine years now with no problems although they do get a bit clogged with volcanic ash if that's in the mix. Typically adjust them for steep ascents and flat ground, the rubber grip on the pole works well for traversing without needing to adjust them too much.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been using these for about 4 years, quick to adjust, kept original big baskets. Would buy another pair without hesitation.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What meh said, excellent poles, last really well, no need to change baskets - just keep the big ones on. After playing with mine, my gf and her 'rents switched to the Traverses too, from adjustable Lekis with a stupid twist mechanism that just doesn't cut it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, twist mechanism is rubbish...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent poles though I have just snapped the tip off one of mine completely due to failure of alu. Advantage is I could extend the pole so it was still the right length although no basket made a few turns in deeper snow challenging till I learn to be metaphorical with my plants. Don't think it was a quality issue - they've had a fairly hard life though anyone with experience of BD warranty? Wasn't being gnar at the time just poleing away at the top of a lift.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy