Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for Advanced ski school -Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am an advanced skier-black, off piste etc. Heading to Solden soon and wondering what ski school is the best there in general and for high level?
Normally I go to St Anon but its getting too expensive there now.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only used Vacancia, no idea how advanced they go but they're really good and friendly.

Nick
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yellow power were good
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
springbok45,
Thanks...what level are you?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peterjones3,
Thanks. A friend of mine is going with them for 3 days, but he is not at the same level as me. Did you do advanced lessons with them? Did you get equipment from them? Seems reasonable 3days lessons, 6/7days rental for €240 or 20 extra for top ski.
How would you rate Solden overall? All new to me! Hopefully cheaper than St Anton which should really be subject to an EU Anti Competition / Price fixing investigation!
Any info on the Freeride Centre in Solden?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kaisr Sose, sorry for late reply.

Just used them for lessons, hired equipment from the Sporthutte under the Gaislachkoglbahn. A few different outlets, all with top quality gear - wouldnt say it was cheap (or expensive). Got vouchers from the hotel we were staying in, discounting by 10%. Seemed a generic thing to get custom.

The Giggijoch (the other main gondala) has similiar.

It is cheaper than St Anton, more so for drinks and food. Apres tends to centre more around the Giggijoch, and late night in Fire and Ice. Can get pretty bonkers in a europop kind of way.

Really enjoyed the skiing there. The glaciers have some great warm up runs with wide opens spaces to cruise or practice. Lots of off-piste that is accessible, but very dependant on the conditions at the time and soon gets tracked. I did advanced lessons, but they were focused on technique more than anything. You might be best popping in and having a chat to see how they can meet your needs. Sorry cant remember who I used.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy