Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

high tempature next week

Poster: A snowHead
can anyone tell me what snow is like at moment in st johann, i go 9 feb but looks like 11c temperature from next week, how will that effect thesnow thats there now? weather not looking good between now and when i go. I hope somebody tells me i am wrong.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayo, a day or two of warm sunshine - nothing to worry about, pack a bikini Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'll be skiing, there will be weather Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jayo, if you think anyone can forecast accurately that far out, then worry, worry a lot.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which St Johann are you going to, and which are you searching for? A quick browse of the (massively unreliable) 10 day forecasts, for St J in Tirol and St J in Pongau show 7ºC being the max temp over the next week or so...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999, pongau?

Pongau?

What sort of name is that for a ski resort?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All the snow will melt and you will be able to hike up the mountain picking flowers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I AM GOING TO TIROL, JUST WANTED TO KNOW IS IT TO BE BELIEVED OR WHAT. IT IS A LOW RESORT THATS WHY I WAS ASKING, IT COULD ONLY NAPPING TO ME. SNOW HAS NOT BEING GOOD THIS PASS COUPLE OF WEEKS. ANYWAY I WILL JUST WAIT TILL I GET THERE.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jayo,
Hi please check this thread by espri

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94507

As you can see snow is excellent. I was there skiing the area in mid december and had a superb time and there has definately been snowfall since! it does look likely that it may be a little milder from say wednesday, however this should make for some very pleasant conditions on piste although if off piste maybe not so? I plan to be in fiberbrunn from next sunday for ten days, and this is a great area with lots of off piste potential. It is higher than st johan in tirol at just over 2000m where as st johan is 1700m so snow may be better there. It is a very easy 10-15 min bus trip and covered on the schweewinkl pass. Definately worth a day or two! However you say you do not go until the 9th....which is ages in terms of weather, but there are indications that temps will drop. In essence I would have no concerns and hope we can reassure you so you can chill a bit. Also the slopes are predominantly north facing, so therefore snow retention and condition is enhanced.
I trust you will have a fab time!!
Sean
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jayo, they have 120cm / 35cm, whats not good about that? You don't need much snow in Austria, 15cm would be plenty to slide on.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jayo, stop shouting please. Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jayo, temperatures go up and down in the mountains quicker than those undergarments on a lady of the night! Today the forecaster's were warning us of +10°C and rising - tell that to my frozen fingers when I stopped to take some photos. It did actually climb above zero for the first time in weeks though Laughing

We do have a strong Föhn system setting up - but it peaks on Wednesday and then the mercury is confined to the lowest levels of the basement for the next few days, further than that is just educated guesswork and can change on an hourly basis. Snow does not just melt away here in the mountains the way it does in the UK. They know how to prepare and maintain the pistes for the whole 5 months plus that the ski season runs! Dinna fash ye'sel! wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

SNOW HAS NOT BEING GOOD THIS PASS COUPLE OF WEEKS. ANYWAY I WILL JUST WAIT TILL I GET THERE.

How have you worked out that it hasn't been good if you haven't been here?!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
clarky999, pongau?

Pongau?

What sort of name is that for a ski resort?

True Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
we skied in +8C all day and all week on 1 birthday bash, AND it hadn't snowed for a month before hand! May be warm forecast but there has been recent snow, and more snow forecast.
OK that was in the dolomites, but the dollies are famous for sun and not so much snow compared with some nearby regions in the Alps.
ski holidays
jayo, Please don't shout we're not deaf wink . There will be snow, lots of it. You'll be fine. Very Happy
ski holidays
under a new name, It's a region not a resort! Too many vats of sauerkraut perhaps? Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
^^ On a similar note I giggle every time I go up the Schattberg lift in Saalbach...
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, clarky999,

We drove past Wankedoff (or similar) this afternoon. I giggled.
snow report
Every time we drive past Pussy on the way to Moutiers we have a childish chuckle.
ski holidays
Returned home last night from a week staying at the Park hotel in St Johann in the Tirol and had a fantastic holiday. Skied on the local slopes and at nearby Steinplatte over the week. Skiing and quality of snow is excellent, there is plenty of snow and as the locals on snowheads know better than anybody the standard and quality of piste management is outstanding. As others have said do not worry, there is plenty snow to ski on the mountains for the next two months.
latest report
emwmarine, me too...

Actually, thanks to a friend of mine I now chuckle every time I see a door marked, "poussez"... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
under a new name, don't forget the Wankbahn in Garmisch! No longer a skiing area but queues of Brits to go up in summer when it is open! rolling eyes
ski holidays
I was in Bad Gastein and saw that the plumber was a funny fellow..........
snow conditions
Well if we've found a level, German ski jumper Andreas was on the hill earlier... Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy