Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Neilson's beginner snowboard package in Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Soll in a couple of weeks and daughter and her boyfriend want to learn to snowboard.

Neilson offer a package with board, boots and tuition included but only a beginner lift pass which only covers 6 lifts above Soll (40, 44, 47, 46, 57, 5Cool I asked Neilson if it was possible to upgrade the liftpass as they might want board/ski with us when not in lessons and they said no, would have to buy all the components separately but wondered if anyone had bought this package and how it worked out. Did the instructors keep to the same lifts all week (tuition is 5x4 hours) or did they end up having to buy a new and more expensive lift pass once there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea on the package, but..............IIRC you can locally load your pass with extra 'bought' points. Each lift has a points value, so each time you use a lift the points are deducted. If you can work out roughly where you're going you can 'pay-as-you-go'. You might need another locally sourced keycard to do this.

I'm not entirely sure the '6 lifts above Soll' are the best place to learn to board, either........going from memory they are mostly similar reds, but I could be wrong. I would imagine they'll start off in the meadow down by the main gondola station, at least for appraisal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If they were 6 lifts with sensible progression I should think they'd be quite enough for beginner boarders on a tight budget. You could always keep them company on those lifts in the afternoon. If the slopes are too easy, do them backwards, or one one leg. wink

If you buy a beginners 6 day package I'd definitely expect the instructors to stick to the lifts on their pass. That's the whole point, presumably.

Spend the extra dosh on wristguards, impact shorts and this book and DVD http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Snowboard-Neil-McNab/dp/1405315741/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amz07b-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1359191466&sr=8-1
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oldslapper, If there learning to board they'll be (a) chuffing knackered come the afternoon and (b) probably won't be able to do much more than a gentle blue slowly in the pm late in the week - the first three days are spent going 'ooh splat' on the noddiest of noddy nursery slopes

If they are skiers then I could imagine they might want to 'go for a blast' around in the pm, but it they're committed to learning to board then spending some of the pm time trying to 'lock-in' the learning is a good idea - plus how easy will it be to go back to hire shop/appartment, switch kit and head out again?

Sound's like BCJohnny has the right idea, and I second Pam W's suggestions but would add padded knee protectors also worthwhile - something like this helps to take the edge away, when you fall on them for the 12th time in the morning - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rucanor-Knee-Pads-Size-Medium/dp/B000Y9ZZYI/ref=sr_1_13?tag=amz07b-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1359195213&sr=8-13
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ah yes! forgot about the knee protectors. Very good idea; you spend a fair bit of time kneeling in the snow. Take industrial quantities of ibuprofen too. Far cheaper in your local supermarket.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oldslapper, I had a similar learn to ski package in Soll (many years ago!) & these slopes were more than enough for a week. If however you all want to go further afield together on the Friday they could upgrade for the day. Fantastic place to ski & we've been back there many times since. Enjoy Little Angel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.

Daughter is a very good skier but boyf not skied before but can skateboard (in the past) and surf so have no idea how they're going to get on but I know they'll be knackered lol! Taking her skis with us just in case she hates it!

Last skied ski-welt about 8-9 years ago so can't remember what the runs above Soll were like tbh I don't think they were the best places to learn either. Perhaps Neilson has a block deal/packakge/instructor that just sticks to those lifts regardless of conditions whereas if we book individual components the instructor will take them to the best slopes.

Already stocked up on ibuprofen (tablets and gel) Off to check out the knee pads!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy