Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any help with Grandvalira, Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone!

I am headed to Pas de la Casa for the second time this February (can't wait Very Happy ) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which section has the best skiing for an intermediate (I'll do reds but not blacks), as last time I just skied the Pas area, which is quite restrictive. I was also wondering just out of interest if anyone knew where the longest piste was?

Any other advice also gladly appreciated.

Thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
madskier27, right across Grau Roig and Soldeu....all reds
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
madskier27, from what I can remember the blacks are quite easy in Grandvalira, if you're confident on reds you will be fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. I noticed Soldeu had some longer looking reds and blues, so might head over that way.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IIRC it goes all over to Encamp(?), but it's pretty much all the same. JMO.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
madskier27, ski all over, all the runs are manageable for most.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
madskier27, if you're comfortable on reds, just get out there and explore the whole resort in your first couple of days to find the bits you like. It's a big space but easy to orient yourself on since it's 5 or 6 parallel and relatively short valleys.

Grandvalira's a great resort for the level you're at. Some of my favourite easier reds include Serrat Pinos and Pla de les Pedres in the Encamp sector (basically the valley between Grou Roig and Soldeu); in that valley there's also a sort of winding natural "halfpipe" blue piste called Riu de les Solanelles which is fun. Fun harder reds include the ones going down through the trees towards Soldeu village, and the ones coming down from the highest peak above El Tarter (called Tossa de la Llosada). Whilst you're at that end of the resort, try out the new red called Isards from the new Emcampadana lift, which also serves some great off-piste itineraries (which used to have to be hiked to or dragged to by the tractor). Oi remember when it were all just fields... wink

The steepest pistes are in Pas and on the Pas side of Grou Roig, but I've never found them to have much character. The longest runs are on the Soldeu-Tarter side.

In other seasons I would say that Grandvalira is a great place to start (or continue) learning off-piste. In years with less snow and with many consecutive days without snowfall it's pretty safe all over. This year though, the Pyrenees is getting dumped on, the snow levels are better than usual at this time of year, and the avalanche warnings are higher. Be careful. If you don't know what that means, then stick to the very shallow stuff such as that "halfpipe" valley.

Like everywhere in the Spanish and Andorran Pyrenees, the food on the hill is not typically great, but you should have lunch at the cabin on the red run Camí de Pessons (Grou Roig) which is chilled out with a nice view and decent pizzas.

Enjoy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good call Pyremaniac, Riu de les Solanelles was one of my favourite runs when we were there, spent most of one afternoon messing about round there
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the help everyone!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy