Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TOG 24

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has any experience of TOG 24 stuff. I recently have bought a few bits from them and they seem to be pretty good. I havnt actually skied in it yet but my first impressions seem to be that of reasonable quality without spending the earth.

What do you think?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Philib, pair of salopettes worn at the PSB in driving icy snow, warm as toast and dry as a bone.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about their sunglasses? Do they offer the protection needed for skiing?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My daughter has a very nice pair of ski trousers from there which she's worn for a couple of years and they have been good. They weren't cheap at all though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good gear. I've been wearing one of their ski jackets as an ordinary every day jacket for the last 6 months and it still looks new and is warm and dry. I've got another of theirs slightly large at the moment that I'm waiting for my daughter to grow into.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a teractis top which I cycle in , it is fantastically warm and keeps me dry
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bought a pair of these. I dont think the styles make much of a difference but are the lenses ok?

http://www.estore.tog24.com/accessories/eyewear/sports-sunglasses.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I kit out my kids in their stuff; on the cheap from the seconds shop next to the factory.

I haven't had one die on me yet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Full price they are not to dissimilar to other more trusted low to mid range brands, even the outlet prices could be steep. But My OH worked for them briefly, due to her fantastic staff discounts we ended with quite allot of Tog 24 gear between us, and have used it allot in the UK fell walking and skiing in Europe and Canada. We found it was as hard wearing as any other clothing we had, i mostly used there wicking base layers and Marino shirts and some of the fleece jumpers and jackets and found them surprisingly good. My other half had the ski jackets and salopettes as well as various other layering options and both had no complaints. In fact it’s over 2 years since she left them and my outdoor wardrobe is still packed with there clothing its lasting that well. Would i buy it full price or even the out let prices, probably not, but if the price was right i would certainly not turn my nose up at it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's one less than a mile from mine. Popped in there this afternoon. They've a womens jacket down from £400 to £150. Quite nice but I'm sorry never in a month of Sundays would they sell one at "full price".
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My tog 24 ski trousers are getting on for a decade old, in which time they have done something in the order of 40 weeks resort time. Still going strong if a bit faded below the jacket line now. I will be gutted when they give up the ghost as surely they must do soon!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a fantastic tog 24 ski jackets which I bought from my local outlet centre and its brilliant. Have had it 3 seasons and it still looks absolutely brand new is warm and totally waterproof. This is by far the best jacket i've had and reasonably priced for the quality IMO. Have also bought thermal base layers they wash really well are stylish comfortable and warm.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Philib wrote:
What about their sunglasses? Do they offer the protection needed for skiing?

If they carry an appropriate CE marking the have to conform to some standard, nearly all UV protective sunglasses sold by any reputable outlet will have to conform to a CE standard
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a Nepalese fleece lined woolen pullover, which I had to have as soon as I bought it.

However aftre trying it on and nearly combusting on the spot due to it's nuclear thermal properties, I found some overlocking around the cuffs had come loose, so they gave me 20% off the sale price, so I took it home for 22.50GBP

If I wear it beneath my McMurdo parka, I'm pretty sure I could survive motionless in the Antarctica for several years. OK maybe the credit goes to the Nepalese more than TOG 24, but they do keep some good stuff, as indeed do Trespass.

It's like a whole lotta other stuff, if you're not label conscious you can get the same capabilities from "budget" brands as you can from the big names on the slope/mountain/marina/riverbank/music stage.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Philib wrote:
Bought a pair of these. I dont think the styles make much of a difference but are the lenses ok?

http://www.estore.tog24.com/accessories/eyewear/sports-sunglasses.html

The key is in the header:

"Our sport sunglasses offer the ultimate in UV Protection. Carefully designed for comfort fit and durability on active days out. Our rigorous testing program ensures our sports sunglasses meet or exceed European standards. Protect you eyes from harmful UVA and B"

Meet or exceed is good, however at £35 for their higher pair, you can get into some decent Bolle's or quite a few other names.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy