Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sold my skis to the Devil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cracked it today. Three pairs of underpants with a folded up fleece between layers 2 and 3 gave me the confidence that my buttocks could take the punishment gave me the confidence I lacked. A couple of inches of fresh snow overnight did the rest and it all came together for me and my daughter. We rode plenty of blues and reds and I only had one fall that caused me to doubt my sanity. I haven't been winded badly since giving up rugby after university. I'm too old for it now!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mitchell wrote:
Ruffwood,
In Cervinia last April, a young girl in snowboard school took a tumble on second morning , put out both hands to stop the fall & broke both her wrists! ouch. Now I always wear wrist guards
Mitch
Each to their own I guess and I made sure my daughter always wore them for the simple reason that I reckoned women generally have weaker wrists and therefore are more susceptible, although I have no figures to back this up. This article shows your advice is spot on for learners in particular is wear them.

I think each individual has to make their own mind up as to the point where practicality and comfort issues override the possible benefits of body armour/helmets and very much depends on how and where they ski/board. I rarely wear any protection at all when skiing but there is an issue (in my head at least) when I'm boarding as I always wear helmet, knee pads, bum pad and usually a rucksack with built-in spine protection. Problem with this is, that while my lower spine is protected ie. thoracic to lumbar/coccyx, am I not increasing the chances of a rotational injury to my c-spine and should therefore wear a neck brace of some sort...... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After 20 years skiing I decided to give Snowboarding a go with a day group lesson in Whistler a few years ago. Bought a Snowboard with Boots and bindings and went off for a week in Italy without any further tuition and scraped by but hired skis on the last day. Just had a week in Austria and decided to board again but take a private lesson on the first morning to see where I was going wrong. He gave me some great advice, which I implemented over the next few days. The last 2 days were my best two days on snow ever. Cracked my turns and with plenty of fresh powder, just glided down the mountain. That's me converted now and already looking to see if I can fit another trip in this year.

After spending my week in Italy on my ar*e this year I bought a pair of padded goalkeeper shorts from Chav Direct. Knee and backside padding were perfect.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Graucho, another one for the darkside!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a thought, see if you can try a camber then a rocker or flying V board back to back.
Just switched my little boy to a rocker and it transformed his riding, a lot easier to turn for him.
It could possibly help to explain your good day/bad day scenario, if you had 2 different styles of rental board.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy