Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Amada TST skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Contemplating new skis with more off piste bias probably 90+under foot I saw these Armada TST, 101 under foot with 174 length and a raduis 14.7m , so should be manouverable on piste?. Anyone any experiance of these skis, how do they float, whats their grip on hardpack?

other ones on my list movement source, salomon rocker 90, Volki mantra any other sugestion considered! Very Happy

I am 5ft 6, 58kg advanced skier 30weeks.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd have a vote for the Source, having skied them for the better part of two weeks in december, both on piste and off, they just did everything very well. Although the radius is bigger than the Armada, they were still very nimble.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
whitedot preachers from all reviews they could fit your bill im sure someone will be along soon with more ideas Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
njl1968, I'm sure davkt will be along soon he's just bought some and is currently away skiing them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cracking good skis and great fun ! My TSTs (183s) did a great job on the steep (for me as a new off pister) and deep, floated well in powder that was deeper than my pole and then took me down a pretty hard packed, bumpy an cut up black to finish the day on Monday no problem before I did my leg again yesterday. First ever go on them was on the Tamworth hardpack at an EB ski test where they were almost as fast and just as grippy on the edges as the out and out piste skis I tried.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses, so difficult to decide without being able to test properly on the mountain, whitedots seem very wide at the tips 155, compared to 118 for the TST's. I am off to St Anton in a week may have to see if they have anything there I can hire there and try them properly. I did ski movement sources 169 before christmas liked them nice and light,certainly a soft flex, I am curious about skiing a stiffer ski to see how they react in crud, hard pack.

DAVT hope your leg's ok enjoy the snow!

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I am curious about skiing a stiffer ski to see how they react in crud, hard pack.

Better, though a stiff ski can be more work in steep/tight bumps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy