Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to St Anton by train with baggage?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I posted this question in my other thread, but thought I might get more exposure with it's own thread.

My wife and I are bringing our gear, so we will have 4 bags. If we catch a train from GVA to St Anton, how would the baggae work? What about costs? I can't find any info on the sbb site.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I should mention that I don't mind dragging them on and off the train at the change in Zurich
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a2thak, You'd be responsible for your bags - no extra costs but no real assistance either.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, thanks. Where do they get stored? In the cabin? One is a pretty large snowboard bag, and two other pretty large bags with all our gear.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a2thak, There are racks / spaces at the ends of the carriages. Can be a bit of a bun fight but usually fine
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
According to OEBB.at its about €103 per person one way. Thats for a journey beginning at 17.36 on Sunday and arrives 5 hours 46 mins later into St A. Thats standard class (2nd).

Sometimes worth paying a little extra to go 1st class if you can afford it. Bigger seats and leg room and also sometimes table service. Not so much of the bun fight described above!

Trains are all pretty reliable and easy to use.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Posted in your other thread, but I did the opposite journey last season no problem (with baggage). There are luggage racks in the normal cabins, chuck your stuff in one and sit nearby.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy