Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Towbar Mounted Ski Rack, anyone got one??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I have the roof box & all the stuff, but I am considering on trying to source a Ski rack that will fit to the tow-bar, has anyone got one or could point me in the right direction, I have searched the net & only come up with one that is for short journeys & is totally exposed & looks far to cheap & not secure, what I am after is one that can cross the continent.

If I can't find what I am after I may find somebody to make me one, any one got any ideas, oh & it will be mounted to a big 4x4 so space is not a problem behind us Smile

Many thanks for any help offered, cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not great if someone rear shunts you!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mutley, That said............the VV Transporter racks in ski resorts hotel buses are great, basket at the bottom and a rail around the top, ski's budgeed into place. They fit to the rear door which opens outwards, dont know if this would work with an up and over rear door, or is yours a side opener? I would have thought a tow bar mount might be a tad flimsy?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How about Bakrak?

I've got one of their racks to use as a towbar mounted bike rack, and it looks fine - you'll probably want to check if it will tilt out of the way enough to open the boot, though.

I can't give an opinion on the product in use, because my car has been off the road since about a week after I got the rack, in August.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a towbar fitted bike rack but I can't open the tailgate when it's fitted . Fiat Multipla - limited choices available but the bike rack is a very good one recommended to me by the Roof Box company as one of only two suitable for a heavy electric bike.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies, Mark the VW one will not work as I have a range rover but I appreciate the suggestion, Pam I have a Bike Rack called an Atera Strada brilliant bit of kit, you press a button & it slides away fro the rear of the car so you can still open the boot, ideally thats what I want so it can stay on when I am travelling without the need to take it off to get to any luggage etc, but it appears they are non existent, it may be that I will have to get one made.

The reason is that we take a lot of skis son is a racer & are also loaded up to the gills even in a RR so I thought the bike rack option was a good one, & I have even emailed Atera to see if they would or planned to make a ski version one just trying to reduce the stress when the car is full & my wife turns up with another 15 essential bags Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

I looked at the Barak one & was not convinced it says its for that short journey down the slopes, I want something thats a bit more substantial than they offer were I can also protect the skis themselves, I can imagine a lot rubbing and a bit of damaged over 1400 miles later rolling eyes

I might nick one off a coach Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy