Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where shall we go at Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Family of 4, 2 intermediate @ 2 expert. Flights from SW, obviously want somewhere high/snowsure.
Needs to be a package as time is limited then, suggestions welcome Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for all the suggestions, very helpful rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally I am going to St Anton (well actually week after Easter school hols) this year and booked next Easter for Les Deux Alpes. However in both cases we had to fly out from Gatwick with the TO we picked as they weren't offering Southampton or Hurn which are much closer to us.

However given you are after package surely it is a case of searching Iglu ski, TO websites and some of the other middle men listed on here for what options are left to you at this stage (assuming you are talking this Easter not next)?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
provenjohn, do a bit of research yourself and if you have, explain where you got. What makes you think a load of other people are going to do the research for you if you can't be bothered. Lazy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Needs to be a package as time is limited then

one reason I hadn't responded to this was that I didn't know what that meant.

Easter is nicely early this year; no need to go particularly high, though a resort with runs with different aspects would make sense.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
provenjohn wrote:

Ooohhh me, me, ME ME

rolling eyes

A couple of observations:

1) Resorts is a good place to start this kind of request - you've been around long enough
2) Budget
3) Preferred country(s)
4) Type of accommodation

In fact anything that qualifies the requirement so you will likely get the response you are clearly frustrated at not getting in 24 hours.

Otherwise your thread will continue to get tumbleweed blowing through it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nickski wrote:
provenjohn, do a bit of research yourself and if you have, explain where you got. What makes you think a load of other people are going to do the research for you if you can't be bothered. Lazy.

Fine, this used to be a friendly helpful forum Mad GOODBYE
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
provenjohn wrote:

Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've heard that this place is pretty good at easter....... Gulmarg
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We skied Les Deux Alpes last Easter, had a fantastic time, a bit sparse low down but great higher up. The views on the glacier are spectacular .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
griffterski, Michelle63, I think the OP has left the building - and possibly the planet
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
provenjohn wrote:
Nickski wrote:

Fine, this used to be a friendly helpful forum Mad GOODBYE

A bit harsh? But in fairness if 2 of you are experts you must have some idea where to go, and if you don't want to do the research but have already decided you want to do package, just phone Crystal and let them do the rest
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
provenjohn, Happy Holiday!

And I'm not entirely sure why on earth it would have to be a package even if you only had two days never mind two months Confused
For beginners, it might be a good idea, but for two intermediates and two experts Puzzled Flights/eurotunnel...transfer....accommodation
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marmotte16, hardly rocket science.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
provenjohn, check out this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1161870&highlight=#1161870
snow conditions
Bizarre question - not surprising not many answers - a few mins on Iglu, Crystal, TUI etc would give the possibilities from Brizzle etc.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
provenjohn, check out this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1161870&highlight=#1161870

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, sharp! How did you twig that?
ski holidays
Good one Ray Zorro...

But was only reading the thread to try to figure it out for myself...we also only have the 4 days, but already on the continent...flights are not as plentiful or as cheap, so thinking, just load up the car and drive somewhere...and thinking Austria, as actually it's a bit shorter/quicker drive than France/Italy...

See what only skiing one week at Christmas does to me???? I knew it wasn't enough, but my darned sister had a baby over Christmas, and much to my dismay, she wouldn't travel to France and 8 months and 3 weeks pregnant, not would she schedule delivery on storm day! So, turned in a week of skiing to do my Auntly duties....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy