Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time to wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone
A group of us are heading to wengen 9 march.
Can anyone tell us wether there is a chance of snow in the village? Also we are staying at the bernerhof hotel. Can you ski reasonably close back to this hotel?
Cheers all, hope you are enjoying the snow. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Claire277, In recent years snow in early March has been good, but that's no certainty

Bernerhof is at the far end of the high street, by skiing back over the nursery slopes you can get to roughly the middle of the high street if you get a bit of speed up coming down the slopes, or about 100M from the hotel front door hope that's close enough for you, you are also about the same distance from the Mannlichen cable car and maybe 250m from the railway station so all are only a short (level) walk down the quiet road
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claire277, I skied all the way back to the village in late March last year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks so much for the info. Can't wait now.wish I could go more than once a year. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I feel I ought to add the following

In order to be able to ski as close as you can to the high street, you need to get a good run down from the top of the nursery slopes and take the narrow corner by the ice rink as fast as possible, now there's a slight uphill incline from the bottom of the slopes to that corner and then it goes nearly flat with a very very slight drop to the back of Central Sport, so long as you have a bit of momentum going as you go around the corner you should be able to get the rest of the way (maybe with a skating step or two) depending on the snow.

Now be aware that the corner by the ice rink can get pretty busy with people coming and going in both directions especially at the end of the day and they may be on foot, on skis or even on sleds
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can't take the corner quickly any more - they've put a chicane thingy at the corner of the ice rink to prevent people hurrying to catch the Mannlichenbahn. It's a pain.

Claire277, I'm also going out on the 9th. We go in March every year and the snow will be fine. Last March our biggest problem was too much snow!

Skiing past the Hotel Brunner in a snowstorm, March 19th 2012:
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike, damn !

can you still ski back to the Caprice/Station? because if you can that might be just as easy rather than walking across the baby slopes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes you can still get to the Caprice. Nursery slope still the best way back to the Bernerhof though, particularly as some of the group might well have rented equipment from Central Sport and will want to drop it off there each day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wengen is a long way up the mountain on a cog railway - nearly 300 metres higher than Grindelwald which shares the same skiing. It would be strange if there were not snow there in early March - on average the deepest snow depths on the lower pistes is in late February. If you had said early April, then the question would be reasonable.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, this has been most helpful.
My other question is after a hard days skiing me and my group love nothing more than to come off the mountain and enjoy a couple of good lively hours après ski before meal and bed. Any good bars? wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quite a few, depending on what you fancy...
Tanne nice and cosy; on your right hand from central sport/mannlichen bahn walking back to the bernerhof.
Rocks across post office; less cosy, but good atmosphere - Always seems this one is favoured by the Brits to me.
Crystal formerly known as Chilli's can't miss it across street from Central: Younger public generally.
Eiger bar: next to the bakery towards railway station: Tiny, cosy.
Another option is the open air bar at the bottom of the nursery.

Then Silberhorn, Victoria Lauberhorn hotel bars tend to be open to the general public too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all for the helpful info.like an over excitable child now as my holiday is getting closer!!
Hope you all have or have had great holidays.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy