Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FWT Chamonix - anyone have binoculars I can borrow

Poster: A snowHead
To watch the event in Cham. I will be careful and am willing to replace them completely if they get damaged.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best I can offer you is a Decathlon 8x21 monocular.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FWT? Sorry no binocs Zero-G, I was in Courmayeur today and could see nothing so good idea.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot, am sure it's better than the naked eye. I'll PM you closer to the time once the date has been confirmed.

Much appreciated!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob, to be honest, the hotel face isn't that far away and I often stop to watch people ski down it. But they're still tiny (although not quite baked bean tiny).

You guys going to be around for the Cham event?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
we've got some but there under a table on the decking (covered by about a meter of snow Sad )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eddiethebus, Laughing won't be seeing those until the summer then.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know a bloke that's been stranded in Cham with a small movie camera. Maybe it's got a zoom function.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
laundryman, that sounds well dodge!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zero-G wrote:
eddiethebus, Laughing won't be seeing those until the summer then.

yeah i tried digging them out yesterday so you could borrow them but its a no-go i'm affraid Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
looks like its been moved to flegere now anyway so you'd need something quite special to see it from town!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was going to watch from the top of that chair at the base of the hotel face. Doubt I'd see anything from town!

Where at Flegere and is it still scheduled for Saturday?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Top of the Index lift and yer on Saturday. It's on their FB page if you want to see the venue face.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm I'm not on Facebook anymore. Quite annoying, there is no mention on their website about the venue change or even what time it starts. You'd think that would be the first place they'd publish event info.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They were taking up the entire of Place Balmat earlier with trucks and things. Is that where the awards ceremony is going to take place or something?
snow conditions
Your guess is as good as mine... there's no info on their site.
latest report
Finally found the correct page for this year's competition on Facebook. It can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/FreerideWorldTour

Zero-G, They posted this 3 hours ago: "Sweet evening news: contest in Chamonix is confirmed for this Saturday 26! Women and men will start riding at 9 am local. And of course, it will be live on our website!
Due to snow conditions, we had to change the venue, here's a pic of the new face, located in La Flégère at the top of the Index lift."
ski holidays
Thanks Chambles! I think I'll ski at Flegere tomorrow to scope out a good vantage point.
snow report
I wonder what the gondola queue will be like rolling eyes
latest report
I guess I'd need some pretty dammed good binoculars to watch it from Geneva Airport!!
latest report
BigT, just a wifi connection and a laptop. It's broadcast live on their website. Wink
snow report
Chambles wrote:

i'm hoping that it'll divert enough people and GM will be empty Very Happy
ski holidays
Chambles wrote:

I'm going to uplift at Brevent and ski over. That's if there's good visibility tomorrow... it was like skiing in soup today.
ski holidays
eddiethebus, I think that's wishful thinking – how many people would take a day out of their one-week-a-year trip to watch other people ski?
snow report
yeah not many, i suspect your right. i think were actually going to do the same as you and go up brevent then head over.

Funny conditions today, the cloud kept going up and down!
snow conditions
meh wrote:
BigT, just a wifi connection and a laptop. It's broadcast live on their website. Wink

Nice touch

What time's it kicking off?
snow report
Zero-G, I have binoculars and arrive tomorrow, but you can't borrow them because i've borrowed them already!

Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile
ski holidays
Well chaps, if you spot me, come over and say hi (I'll be wearing bright blue kecks, dark pink arc'teryx jacket and a purple beanie with a green pompom). Maybe we can all take turns with northantsred's borrowed binos Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BigT, 9am local time which means I can watch for an hour in bed before having to actually get up and go ski.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy