Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski would suit my needs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit out of touch with the current ski market so looking for some advice. I'm looking for a ski for piste and park use thats a good all rounder (have different ski's for off piste). I am pretty experienced and would consider myself and advanced/expert level of skier (having spent some 18 months + on snow) but have been out of that world for a couple of years and not up to date on the current models.

I tend to prefer a slightly stiffer/faster/more aggressive ski even in the park, so not after floppy all out jib ski's - been there, done that, and its not for me. I'm not big into jibbing on rails but love hitting the kickers and pipe and want a ski that carries good speed. I'm fairly tall and tend to opt for the 180cm + models even for the park.

Needs to be good on piste for everyday hacking about, especially at speed and hold a good edge in hard carves without chattering, I hate the feeling that my ski is holding me back when "on it" (which I used to hate with my old Line Invaders on piste). But also needs to be happy carving and landing switch.

While its always nice to ride a good looking ski and be different from the mainstream I'm really not fussed about being super cool with the latest indie brands, its all about performance and its important that its a ski I will actually be able to find in stock for testing.

So then guys and girls - what models do you recommend I look into and test?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry not into park skis at all but I had some Volkl Bridges for a while which are sold as a park/off piste model and they were pretty good. I sold them as they were a little stiff for me at the time so may suit you well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, yeah I have considered the bridges in the past but have never actually tried them, I didn't realise they still made them. I like Volkl ski's, my old Mantra's were one of my favourite all time skis for ripping about and off piste Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy