Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for the right ride maybe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
so i cant find a 'ice-breakers' thread to say hello and introduce myself so im saying it here, HELLO!

Well i joined about 2 weeks ago and didn't have time to say hello before i went away to Bulgaria skiing for a week.

so heres the long story but a short version

i went away to Bulgaria (as above) for a week (above) and it was brilliant just what i needed, i had been skiing before in bavaria but it was around 4-5 years ago and i don't remember much of the trip except i and it were brilliant!

on my trip to bulgaria last week i did a snowboarding taster session on the last day and loved it!

i still have 2 weeks off until i go back to work and im looking at going on a 'learning how to snowboard trip' i don't care where aslong as theres snow (obviously)

i would prefer to fly midweek this week (23rd jan -ish) and spend about 7 days there.

any advice on hotels, places to go, people to speak to, and anything else you can think of would be great!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
p40ulw, mid week trips are really difficult to organise. If you look at Action Outdoors they sell holidays in UCPA centres in France. the only full time snowboarding beginners trip I can find for the next two weeks, starting 26 Jan, is in Val D'Isere and costs £652 including full board, equipment, full time instruction and lift pass. That's v good value but you need to get yourself there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, hey! thank you very much, thats the sort of info i was after Smile i will have a look right now

p.s. thank you
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
p40ulw, I have once managed a mid-week in a hotel in France (in Plan Peisey - Les Arcs), arranged flights and train independently. If they have the space a sensible hotelier should let you have it. It's not impossible. But if you want a TO package deal it's difficult. Good luck
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
but if you go mid week you won't be able to join group lessons, and private ones are very much more expensive for someone on their own!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where are you based? You could do a few lessons first (or an introductory full day) in a snowdome, so you have maximum use from the mountain when you go.
Very hard to get anything but Saturday to Saturday in the mountains these days, especially in the popular resorts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im based in manchester, i have thought about the indoor stuff but i prefer holidays and i have got the money and time to go on one so makes more sense in my head Smile lol

thanks for the advice though
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy