Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I buy some new skis and boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I currently own a pair of Head Edge 9+ boots and a pair of Rossingol Z3 Zenith (170cm) from 2007/08 and bought these after 2 week skiing..

I now have around 8 weeks skiing under my belt

I will be taking these to Zell am See on Saturday 26th Jan and I now do Blue's, Reds and I'm starting to do more Blacks.. Is it worth me upgrading when I get back ready for my next Holiday or keep my current gear for 2013/14?

I'm a bloke, about 6 foot and weight 245 pounds (17.5 stone), also my foot size is 11 or (285 -290 mm)..

Any insight is welcome..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whether you 'need' to or now, new toys are always good...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you feel your equipment is holding you back or hindering your progress?

If you are in doubt try hiring some equipment and see if that makes a big difference. You can keep on changing your skis during your holiday.

Then if you really think new equipment will improve things for you then go for it!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for both suggestions above.

If your skiing has improved significantly since buying the Rossignol Z3 Zenith skis you will probably start to feel when you are outgrowing them. The fact that you are even asking the question suggests that perhaps you have reached that point. If you are experiencing anything like the tips flapping up and down rapidly at speed, or the skis just don't feel as stable at your top speeds as you would like them to be, then it is probably time to upgrade. Another question to ask yourself is, do they have enough edge grip so that you can use the edges to slow yourself and maintain control on steeper black slopes.

Trying out different skis can be fun and will help you to appreciate just how different one set of skis can feel compared to another. When you find some that match well with your ability and skiing style it can be quite an eye-opening experience.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nope, I've done 25 years and I'm in the same gear Smile the only thing I swap is to fatter skis for powder days. But you will anyway, everyone does once the desire strikes snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy