Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains from Chambery to Paris

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I have a question - does anybody know how many trains depart from Chambery to Paris at 10:20 am on Saturdays? Thing is I booked a train and my friends booked a train and it seems their train number is different than mine so it seems there are two trains departing from a 50,000 people town to Paris on Saturday morning Smile Or is it just one train with two different train IDs? The last thing I want is to travel on a different train than my friends, it's a long trip. SNCF doesn't help much, their site lists two separate numbers. A very nice lady from Chambery's tourism office thinks it's just one train but I was wondering if anyone of you have some kind of first hand experience here.

Thank you!

Tom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The printed timetable I have shows just the one train - 9240. The French language SNCF website lists two trains 9240 & 6964. The English language SNCF website lists one train 6964.

Quite a mess, but I suspect there is only one train, by why the different numbers? - no idea.

You could try the infolignes website on Friday and enter both train numbers and see what it says. Ah - I've just done that and it says the 6964 is the Annecy train and the 9240 is the Milan train. I'm guessing (NB just a guess) that these are two eight coach trains that they hook up at Chambery for onward travel to Paris.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it possible that two trains from different places converge in Chambery and join together, and then continue on to paris as a single unit?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The TGVs from Annecy and Milan join at Chambery before going onto Paris, hence two different numbers, but in fact the same train, exactly as kieranm suggested
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would just add another comment for the OP.

The fact that you have tickets on two different train numbers would suggest that you are on the Annecy train and your friends are on the Milan train - or vice versa.

If you want to sit together for the almost three hour journey you have the problem that all TGV tickets have a seat number. Normally not a problem as there are usually empty seats to be found, but a winter return from Chambery on a Saturday might be busier that the mid week trains I use. On an eight coach TGV you can walk all the way from one end of the train to the other to find some free seats, but if they hook up two eight coach trains you won't be able to get from one part to the other - the engines are in the way.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AndrewsPeppers wrote:
... but if they hook up two eight coach trains you won't be able to get from one part to the other - the engines are in the way.

Very good point... that's exactly what they do
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi all,
BIG thanks for your help!!!
Cheers,
Tom
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy