Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski pole powder baskets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

Does anyone know whether you can get powder baskets for your poles?
...or do you have to buy new poles with powder baskets on them?

I know you can buy baskets but I don't know if you need a particular kind of pole to attach them too e.g. they might have to have a screwable basket.

I ask because pole-planting in the powder was a nightmare last March in Whistler with my teeny-weeny baskets. wink

I have some Atomic aluminium poles at present.

Thanks. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have a look here http://pistehors.com/ski-shop/gear/P-7_44_100000154_BLD0213/Spare-Baskets--1-Pair.html and

herehttp://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/fitness/freeride/checkyourself.asp

you can get then anywhere, but have a look at ebay
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After breaking or losing baskets when skiing I have gone to an in-resort ski shop. They get out a big box of baskets and then you just search until you find one you like. The shop should advise you on which baskets fit your poles. They charge a couple of Euros. It may be worth you buying a spare basket for the future. I now keep a spare basket in my rucksack. I did try skiing using one pole without a basket and one with. It felt very strange and was very confusing until I realised what had happened.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowy, you've raised a really good point. The ski biz is absolutely pathetic on this issue. Over 20 years ago a British company made a pole with interchangeable baskets for different snows - can't remember the name of it (I think it was called Master). I think there have been others. It should actually be a design standard for serious ski poles.

They always focus on the handles, never the baskets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, My new(ish) Salomon Scream poles have interchangeable baskets - just need to find somewhere that sells them!! Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hibernia, thanks for the link. I had a search on Google yesterday and came up with nothing.

stuarth, I've just got a reply from a ski shop in Whistler (McCoos, who I thought weren't going to reply and hence I posted this question to the Snowheads). They said they have some universal baskets and if they don't fit, they have adapters to fit them on to my standard aluminium poles.

I'm really looking forward to not going head over heels in the powder now. snowHead

Thanks guys! Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith,

My Lekis also have interchangeable baskets, you just screw them off and replace.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flicksta wrote:
David Goldsmith,

My Lekis also have interchangeable baskets, you just screw them off and replace.

pretty much the same with my Black Diamond poles (except you just have to yank them off)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yank / screw, there is some pseudo thread at the base of the pole. Works pretty well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy