Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Learning to Snowboard in Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, one of our party is thinking of trying snowboard this year when we go to Mayrhofen. Does anyone have any suggestion for ski schools there? Also, is it better to try and get 1-2-1 lessons when starting boarding?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Also, is it better to try and get 1-2-1 lessons when starting boarding?

I've never been on a Snowboard, but the principle is likely to be the same as skiing....and the answer is, it depends.

- If the classes are kept small (max 8 people) and there is good English spoken, they can be more fun (by having company), much cheaper and less intense than 1-2-1.
- If the person does not like falling over in front of a group or is very timid, they are better off with Private lessons, as the instructor will have enough time to give individual attention. It's not much fun being the one that constantly holds everybody else up
- You will nearly always learn quicker with 1-2-1, but it can make sense to get the basics in "the right" class and then go for some private lessons at a later date, especially if you can find someone to share the cost with.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Call the Green Room and get them to book someone. I'd go for a small group lesson as learning to snowboard is really knackering so 1 on 1 is a bit tiring.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used smt with no issues. 121 lessons are sometimes cheaper than group lessons at uk indoor snowslopes. You definatly benefit from private lessons and learn quicker. You dont want to waste the whole holiday in lessons
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The problem with learning to board (imho) is that it's not as quick just to "have a go" and get somewhere (even if not in style) as on skis. So whatever lessons you have, it will still take the same time just to learn to stay upright, never move down the hill without catching an edge every turn and knackering yourself trying to work out ow to get up again.

Of course, some super heroes don't apparently seem to suffer from this (from second-hand accounts anyway), so I could be wrong...

I had my first snowboard experience up on the Ahorn at Mayrhofen, thinking that since I could skateboard and surf and ski it ought not to be too difficult. rolling eyes
Ouch! And temper tantrums. And ouch!

Personally, I'd go and do a learn to board day at a snowdome first.
If you/your friend get over that first initial stage (like learning to ride a bike, I guess), can basically stay upright at least and manage a turn and stop, as well as mastering drag lifts (if not getting off chairlifts) then it's well worth it - else you might spend all day on your back bottom and the rest of the week being very sore... wink - and you haven't wasted a day of fun on the real longer stuff either.

You can get snowdome courses as cheap as a couple of hours private lessons overseas if you time it right.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at these guys https://skimayrhofen.com/en/ They are great guys!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah why waste a holiday on learner slopes? Get them to a dome to get the basics dialed and then do group lessons when away they'll be getting round in no time and enjoy it a lot more.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Google Maverix snowboarding and drop James a message. He's a great instructor, who provides tuition in mayrhofen but also in the UK domes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy