Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Likely Snow in March in Sauze d’Oulx?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

We are looking at heading to Sauze d’Oulx in March 17-23, but not sure what snow will be like? I've heard snow generally has been good this year, so I'm hoping that will help! Any ideas?

Cheers

J
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Daleybou1234, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Nobody can tell you what the snow will be like so far ahead. I have a relative flying there today with a lads trip, who until a few days ago was concerned because there'd been no new snow for a month. I hope somebody will come onto this thread and say that this latest dump went a bit further south, because Daryl is an intermediate snowboarder, for whom hardpack pistes present a bit of a challenge! His current concern is probably whether his flights will be OK with all the travel disruption!

Conditions in the northern Alps are no guide to the south, and vice versa. So far this year the north has done better, I think.[/code]
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its snowing presently based on claviere webcam
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Honestly probably not great down into town - it's low and the narrow pistes get scraped and _nasty_. However once up above the first lifts things should be as good as anywhere else - they have good pisteurs. The drags on the rhs of the map had the best snow on our early trip, plus the shady black under the 2 man on the way back from sansicario.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The more I hear about Sauze d'Oulx the more I wonder why anybody bothers going there when there are so many great alternatives.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm, does anyone know what igls in Austria is generally like in March!

Thanks!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in Sestriere that week in 2010, and skied a day in Sauze d'Oulx. The snow was great right into the Sportina area. The skiing both down to there and in the lovely big bowl above is some of the best I've experienced. Coupling that with the price, it makes for a brilliant ski holiday. Definitely worth skiing over in Sansicario and a day trip to Montgenvre if you get the chance.
I was chatting with the guys I usually ski with and we agreed it's definitely somewhere we'd consider going back to. (And yes, we have skied some of the French mega resorts and personally I found them quite bleak and soulless in comparison.)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w
Have been going there for about 20 years, usualy as 2nd trip. Its amazing the amount of work they do between seasons, ie removing trees, making narrow areas wider.
We stay up at the spotina area, so we are half way up the mountain.
Its value for money, short flight, short transfer.
Some years the links are closed for no snow, the next year no snow.
We are going this year 3rd march, low down is always a waste of time
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

And yes, we have skied some of the French mega resorts and personally I found them quite bleak and soulless in comparison

Indeed they are. I was thinking of other Italian options, actually, specifically the dolomites. A friend who was staying with me last week had done a couple of "lads trips" to Sauze in the 90s (not that he could have qualified as a "lad") and told some hilarious stories about the crazy "apres ski" in those days. But said the pistes were more often than not hard and scraped. But apparently the apres ski is not like that any more, and it just sounded as though other places had better ski conditions and more often decent snow. I've never been, so have no idea, but I've driven down through the Fréjus tunnel several times and the scenery in that area bears no comparison to the Dolomites.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It seems nonsensical, but we would return too pam. The village is cute, friendly, lively and more convenient than it sounds. The runs up high are lovely, the area feels bigger than it claims, varied slopes and the prices are rock bottom. I just wouldn't do it as my only trip/prebooked far in advance as I suspect those lower runs can turn to total pants in poor snow. It was much more loveable as a town than arabba - despite not holding snow as well/less dramatic scenery.

Daleybou - ischgl? http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/resorts/Ischgl/

For those dates I'd wait before booking, operators are feeling optimistic atm with the snow here causing a rash of bookings. better deals later unless you are a big group?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
The more I hear about Sauze d'Oulx the more I wonder why anybody bothers going there when there are so many great alternatives.

Because its half the price of France and the snow will be fine......we are there the week before.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stevesold, Orso Bianco ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

half the price of France

at a quick glance, lift pass prices looks much the same. Might be cheaper than the likes of Val D'Isere and Val Thorens but it's hard to see how a holiday can work out half the price of more reasonable French destinations. I haven't been to Arabba (and am going to miss the Birthday Bash) but other villages in the Dolomites seemed rather nice, I thought, when I did a bit of a road tour of the area. But then I like quiet places. I hope to get to know the Dolomites much better in the next few years.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I went to Sauze at Easter 1980 and again Easter 85 when it often came up on the cheap deals (probably Thomson, can't remember). Extensive skiing both times (at Easter) and very good vfm. Sure it's cheap and cheerful but I'd go back tomorrow if the price was right.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy