Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not much fun in GVA this evening

Poster: A snowHead
My brother made it to Morzine via Geneva today, he'll be glad he had an early flight!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm callling it a day early start tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone stuck in the airport, hope you make it back without too much more hassel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Alastair Pink, thanks! We can hear planes landing/taking off again which is a bonus. We have been here delayed for 3 hours now, and the easyjet check in staff have all disappeared and we haven't been given any vouchers or anything.

You Have to go to the information desk if you can be arsed for a fiver.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, are you first to chip in? Laughing

Really bored now. I just want to know what's happening.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Really bored now. I just want to know what's happening.

not much I dont think - go get drunk!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
HATE sitting in airports for endless hours, it's so mind-numbing. Geneva isn't as bad as some though. A few beers usually helps, unless you have to drive the other end.

Good luck with your flights everyone.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Piccadilly wrote:
Geneva isn't as bad as some though.

It's not as bad as Grenoble. I'm not sure I'd go any further than that though! GVA is the pits.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricklovesthepowder, the 7285 diverted to Lyon and as far as I can see is leaving Lyon at 2050 - half an hour hop to GVA and a 40 min turnround would tie in with a 2200 takeoff for 7286.

There was no 7287 LPL-GVA so maybe it was inbound from elsewhere and didn't make it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, 7285 left Lyon at 2056 due GVA at 2131. Fingers crossed that the crew have crew duty time left!
7286 due to leave 2206.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder, 7285 landed 2129
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am the luckiest sod ever! Gate changed, we had to go through immigration, into the baggage hall, and I swear to god, it's like a scene from a disaster movie. Baggage carousels stopped, luggage and passengers climbing up them to retrieve bags, arguments, queues literally thousands deep and screaming kids everywhere. We went back through passport control, shoes off again, finally just got to the gate. The Liverpool flight via Lyon has landed, we are here now waiting to board. Infeel so sorry for skier joules and mum as it was me who said if they get to the airport early you can get the earlier flight, that's now been cancelled Sad

Still inches of snow on the ground but its not snowing.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, Better to be lucky than good - safe flight.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway, boarding. Good riddance Geneva.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
May be of use ......We have a twin room booked and paid for in Geneva tonight. We unfortunately had to cancel our trips so it will be un-used. Could be useful if anyone is stranded overnight. get in touch Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We're off. Thank The Lord!
latest report
GeorgeVII, crazy skier joules is stuck, get in contact.
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, is airborne Cool Cool Cool
snow report
GVA is soulless and expensive.

They do have a nice smoking area though.
ski holidays
GeorgeVII, I've just sent you a PM on crazy_skier_jules behalf (she no longer has internet access at Geneva airport). If you can send me the hotel details I can forward them onto her via text message. Smile
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, GeorgeVII, well done - it would be nice to think they could be tucked up somewhere warm.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, have PM'd you are you still online?
snow report
Thats so kind of you GeorgeVII its great when a community comes together
ski holidays
GeorgeVII, Yes, I'm still online
snow report
Quote:

HATE sitting in airports for endless hours, it's so mind-numbing.

Not if you've got a good book - or a Kindle, if it's a long wait. I would never go near an airport (or a hospital outpatients department, or a train journey, etc etc etc) without one.
ski holidays
I read almost a whole chapter of Wolf Hall in the immigration queue last time I flew into Gatwick
ski holidays
GeorgeVII, Thanks for your PM with the hotel details - I've forwarded them to crazy_skier_jules (via her boyfriend who is in the UK who will text her the details). Once again the Snowheads community pulls together! snowHead Many thanks for your assistance ! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Alastair Pink, Hope this works out for them. We never cancelled the room so it should be available. I believe it's within walking distance from the airport. Smile Smile
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

HATE sitting in airports for endless hours, it's so mind-numbing.

Not if you've got a good book - or a Kindle, if it's a long wait. I would never go near an airport (or a hospital outpatients department, or a train journey, etc etc etc) without one.

Oh I always have a book, I remember being so into A Thousand Splendid Suns, I couldn't put it down through immigration at the other end. It just feels like such a waste of life sitting at an airport for hours and hours.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

It just feels like such a waste of life sitting at an airport for hours and hours.

Only if you think reading a good book is a waste of life! I never seem to find enough to to read the things I'd like to read. Think positive! After all, some people spend a great deal of money just to sit on a beach reading a book.
ski holidays
Back in Blighty. My god what a day.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, Laughing could have been far worse (ie you could have had two young kids to entertain Wink ) but glad your delay wasnt too awful

Alastair Pink, GeorgeVII, hope it works out for csj and her Mum snowHead
snow conditions
pam w, I'd certainly rather be reading on a beach than in an airport lounge! Much as I love reading, I hate travel delays. I'd rather be going on holiday or coming home, not in limbo somewhere between..

Ricklovesthepowder, welcome back, glad you made it!!
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, hooray! It really didn't sound as though you were going to get back today. Welcome back!
snow report
GeorgeVII, fantastic! Hope it works out for them.
snow report
Pedantica, + 1
snow conditions
Quote:

could have been far worse (ie you could have had two young kids to entertain

Indeed. There are two classes of travel; First Class, and With Children

I suppose having travelled extensively including some third world areas, I learnt to be philosophical about travel delays. I'd much rather be on my own when there are delays - not being moaned at by anybody, reading my book in peace. One long delay, in Addis Ababa, with a 2 and 4 year old was a lot more hassle - but Ethiopian Airways were quite helpful, which helped take the edge off it and the soldiers who confiscated passports at gunpoint before we were bussed to a city centre hotel were very good-looking. And when we were finally able to board, many hours later, the pilot and co-pilot carried my two snotty bundles, who had just fallen asleep for the first time all day, onto the plane. You wouldn't get that service from BA!
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
I learnt to be philosophical about travel delays

Well I hate them. It's a colossal waste of time, even if I can read a good book. It's all about the environment. Airports are places I want to spend the least amount of time possible.
snow report
Thinking of all you poor, poor flyers. Car is best for me, despite living next to airport with cheap direct flights to GVA.
ski holidays
NIght spent lying down not sleeping on floor, awaiting confirmation of 10:10 to Zurich-Manchester
snow report
On the rocks, Sad Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy