Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not much fun in GVA this evening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Jo225, helloooooooooo again! Thank you - we had a great time chatting to you and feeding the cute little Geneva sparrows that kept invading the food court! Glad you got your flight and Luton was quiet - Liverpool was such a quiet relief after the noisy cattle shed that was geneva!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A fair bit of credit to Gatwick and Easyjet is due from me this weekend. I flew from GVA to LGW on Friday, and back to GVA from LGW yesterday, and although both flights were delayed they both flew ok, as did most flights in and out of Gatwick over the weekend.

Contrast that to Heathrow or London City, where many flights to Geneva and other destinations were cancelled yesterday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sat in Geneva waiting for flight back to Newcastle. From what I can see the plane left Newcastle a few hours late.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

freezing hail. Was causing big delays on the Swiss roads last night too.

If it was anything like it was here, then I can believe it was causing carnage. Was clearly sub zero here, snow everywhere, and then it rained but still sub zero. Was out mountainbiking, and camelbak froze (the outside! not the inside), had icicles off the helmet, helmet froze to hair and to glasses, icicles off the bike frame and handlebars too. Got back to find that all the rain had frozen to the windows too (useful to know that double glazing works Smile ).

Then it turned back to snow again. Got icicles all along the roof now on 4th storey. Fortunately they are all tiny 2inch ones, but a good few hundred of them.

Oh and no trams this morning. First time in 10 years that I recall the local public transport properly affected by snow. Normally tram lines are sorted before normal roads.

Hope everyone managed to safely get to where they were supposed to be going. And good to see the power of sH coming to the rescue! Smile snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Finally..CSJ & I got safely over the M62 from LPL yesterday afternoon, to find W Yorkshire deep in snow..left her + Jon to test out Halifax slope and arrived back home (N. Notts) this p.m. Snowheads, a sincere thank you for all your help - you were great. And safe journey to everyone traveling at this time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ruth de Luge, Great to hear that you're finally back home! Very Happy Perhaps CSJ can post a trip report here on her Halifax ski slope expedition today.... wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunshine81, it has been snowing heavily here for the best part of the day, heavy wet stuff here in Durham, and the wind is now getting up. I hope you have already made it home.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells, apologies but just saw this. We got back about 7pm which was not too bad really considering we never really manage that well with a bit of snow. The pilot was a bit of a hoot, he said we were going to take off and as the snow was comming in bands if it was too bad to land we would just "hang about for a bit". I know this is fairly standard practice but he was very cool about it.

Work today was a bit of a shock to the system Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pah, don't know what all the fuss is about. We had a lovely afternoon trip to Geneva from Gatwick, circled for half an hour and then returned to Gatwick.

Seriously tho, top marks to Inghams for how they looked after us. They put us all up at the Hilton at Gatwick Saturday night, paid for us to have 3 course meal there & voucher for brekkie in the morning. Our re-scheduled flight left Gatwick 6.30 am Sunday, was on the slopes by 12.30, so only lost a few hours skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy