Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Therm-ic battery not working

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am just in the middle of sorting my gear for my trip next week and have found that one of my Therm-ic supermax batteries is not working. They are only 2 years old and have only done about 3 weeks and have been stored correctly, I.e. fully charged, then discharged and recharged after 6 months of none use.

Think they should last much longer than this, anyone any ideas of what's gone wrong and maybe know how I can fix. Need them for Weds, HELP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thermic went bust in the summer... it has been bought by conformable but there is very limited stock of any type around and they don't seem to have worked out the structure of what will happen for the future, or if they have they have't told all their dealers

a supermax is a nickel metal hydride battery and they stopped making them (from what i remember) 3 years ago,( i know we haven't sold any for that long) when they moved to the lithium ion batteries

the guy that was doing their warranties/servicing hasn't been paid since they went under and has not had any spares of most stuff for a while so not much chance of him being able to do much and with less than a week it would be a long shot any way.

where did they come from, have you got proof of purchase, i think it is a 2 year warranty on the batteries (irrespective of how many weeks they ahem been used), i know that doesn't sound fair but within the same time period they could have been used 20-30 weeks or more, the retailer may eb able to help if they are within the warranty time frame
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kel, CEM,

I bought them from you. You had a batch of about 5 sets you were selling off and posted them on here. Don't know exactly were the receipt is or even if I have got one, but I reckon they are just within the 2 year warranty.

Can you sort for me Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i don't have any heaters at all right now, mostly due to the fact that when they went bust they failed to tell anyone for a while and just didn't deliver any stock

thermic will require proof of purchase from us to do anything warranty wise PM me tomorrow and i will see what i can find out..... by Wednesday might be a bit of an issue
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM,

I will do that tomorrow, thank-you.

Btw just had another look they are Supermax +
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kel wrote:
CEM,

I will do that tomorrow, thank-you.

Btw just had another look they are Supermax +

they don't exist any more (haven't since then) just checked back in my PM's and the last mention of one was 7th feb 11 which was to ask if we had any left and they had all gone... it was the last message in the inbox as it is full and all others had fallen off the page
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im pretty sure they just use AA ni-hm batteries in the pack so open it up and whack 3/4 new ones in and see if it works, the electronics in them are very simple so pretty reliable and hopefully only a battery has died, nothing to lose if it's broke anyway.

Edit: read they might be in warranty, well if not it's worth a try
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well this is strange, I brought them into the warm house and the dead battery has decided to come back to life and is now charging.

Just for the record CEM sent me PM and was willing to sort out, thank-you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy