Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skied on the Rossi PURSUIT 18 ELITE IBOX + AXIAL² 140 WORLDCUP

Poster: A snowHead
and if so what do you think of em ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nobody ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nah! They're gay Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, Really?? I hear rumblings that they are quite butch snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow what a lot of very important and fast sounding words... They must be AWESOME!

I think the Japanese used to do something similar with cars - add lots of X's and Z's and S's and R's to names or after names, as they make rather mundane things sound fast and sexy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, yeah i like the Axial "squared" bollux and why not throw in a World Cup to give em credence
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How on earth do they write all that onto a top coat? You'd be all day reading it. Somehow something like 'Whitedot Preacher' suddenly seems to have lot going for it in terms of a name!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, If you want something really "Manly" get some 200 cm HEAD GTO's, get in quick as they're gone next season.

iTitan are all new for next season, they've gone fatter and there's a new model between Titan and Magnum. I'm struggling to see how you think the iTitan doesn't do what you need it to?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
iTitan? Won't it just work?? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, i'm not sure I see the point.

Why not the GS Cascade (or SL)?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman, interesting to hear they are going fatter next year. any links to the new in between ski?

I like a turny ski and the Titans are fab as all rounders and teaching skis but I find they they arent stable enough at speed on long radius turns and I am after a stiffer ski in the 17-19 TR range 80 ish underfoot around 180 long for training purposes. I have a pair of ispeeds which are great if they were 10 mm wider better for variables, would be ideal. May just stick with those but heard one or two people mention the Pursuits.

Did my L3 tech on initially on magnums and then swapped over to Volkl AC30's and skied the volkls better on LR turns, sadly sold em as they were hard work but I have now have gone with much stiffer boots and could do with a stiffer ski. The old rossi 9 oversize everyone was on a couple years ago seems to have been replaced by the Pursuit and they sound to me to be a good combination for BASI duties.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, new Titan are 133/80/111 @ 170 14.9m @170, new ERA 3.0S technology, which has 10% rocker, 90% camber, designed for more power. A new Powerrail binding mounting system is also new.

In between the Titan & Magnum is the new Rally, 131/76/109 @ 170 13.6 @ 170, reads like it's a bit like the old Titan.

What has gone is the old Supershape, which I love. Nothing now with a super tight radius. Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, Looking at next year's HEAD offerings it's hard to decide what to get, the Motörhead range has gone, the Rock n roll's are awesome skis, Kitty has them, I've got a set of the previous year's Johnny's, love them to bits when the snow gods have been kind, even though they'll still do great things on piste. Replacement range looks really out there with their design though, so might take a punt.

Can't really justify a new set of Titans as I've only just got new ones this season, might leave it till next time for a new pair.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rail bindings on the Titans Sad Wonder if they can also be bought flat.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, No, Powerrail Pro it is for all of the Performance range.
snow report
Spyderman, that's a shame. Will have to find a different favourite ski, unless the integrated binding comes with a zero delta which I guess is unlikely.
snow conditions
rob@rar, it's always a leap in the dark for me, to order a ski for next season without ever trying them, so far I've never been disappointed. Very Happy
snow report
I'm sure the ski will be great, it's just the rail mounted bindings will be a PITA.
snow conditions
rob@rar, Never know they might be best thing since sliced bread.
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
Maybe, but if the heel is higher than the toe binding and if I can't mount them a couple of cm forward of the centre line I won't be comfortable on them. I've got new Titans this season so I won't change those for next year, which will allow some time to work out what limitations the rail bindings impose. What's wrong with selling the skis flat or with a plate? :sadface:
latest report
Spyderman, tah, need to get a hold of a catelogue and have a look. the new titans sound interesting with the slightly longer turn radius but with Rob if the rail thingy isnt adjustable or zero delta will be a non starter for me...

having a quick look at the Powerrail stuff looks like rental bindings with an adjustable boot sole length and heavier. Hopefully the new titans will come flat with a choice of bindings, if so will defo be getting a pair

I have been skiing the REV90 this week and starting to like em quite soft but good for touring me thinks , am thinking about a pair of 105's for off piste duties and alpine boots but may have to wait and see what the catelogue looks like.

someone snapped up the last pair of Rossis in 177 so will have to wait till next season pre order to decide between those and the titans , choices choices Toofy Grin
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
Maybe, but if the heel is higher than the toe binding and if I can't mount them a couple of cm forward of the centre line I won't be comfortable on them.:

Can't find any info on heights, but mounting them further forward looks like a doddle, one lever and slide for the front and rear pieces. This can be done any time, so they behave a bit like demo bindings from what I'm reading.
ski holidays
skimottaret, I've got the new 2013/2014 catalogue and for sure there's no Flat or Plate option. There are some very interesting looking new skis, like normal though it's very hard to work out exactly what they'll be like.
latest report
Spyderman, the Axial 140's develop a load of slop real quick which is not good for fine edge control etc.
snow conditions
skimottaret, i think the pursuits are the replacements for whatever the range was below the oversize. I think the cascade is the new oversize.

Obviously??
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
Spyderman, the Axial 140's develop a load of slop real quick which is not good for fine edge control etc.

That's good to know, I'm HEAD and Tyrolia only.
snow conditions
under a new name, ahhh i see what you mean...
latest report
skimottaret, and I think the Pursuits would be a little soft...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, i heard yesterday from a good skier that the pursuits are a lot stiffer than the Titans and not far off the Cascade..
snow conditions
pursuits on offer http://www.ekosport.fr/rossignol-pursuit-18-elite-ibox-axl-wc-140-13,50903568,p.html

under a new name, Thanks for the info, I have decided to stick with 185 iSpeeds, a bit narrower than the 9GS's but they are in the shed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy