Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend off in Denver

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just found that I have a business trip to Denver in early February. If I play my cards right I should be able to stay for the weekend. So where should I go? Looking at a map, Winter Park is the obvious choice but am I missing a trick? I'm a reasonable intermediate skier, have never skied in North America before and will be on my own.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
get theeself down the I-70 to Vail or one of the other resorts on the same road.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had 2 days there recently.

I skied Keystone on day 1, and Steamboat day 2. IMO Steamboat was much better, but you will spend an extra hour in the car.

If I did it again I would just check to see which resort has the best snow for the days I am there. Also worth investigating if you can get a discount on Lift Passes anyway. For example, if you work in the travel industry, you can get any of the Vail resorts for $75 instead of roughly $110 a day.

My cousin lives in Golden, which is just up from Denver. As its a weekend Winter Park could be very crowded as its the closest to Denver. He raves about Beaver Creek. Could be that he enjoys buying merchandise from the local liquor store there ! Yes it is called Beaver Liquors !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and beaver liquors is next to a sub aqua shop (or used to be) called beaver divers..... couldnt make it up.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bogusman, Check for the best snow, check Liftopia for lift pass deals or ask at Gas stations / local stores. Loveland could also be on your list. Vail will sting you for $25 car parking per day Shocked Keystone or A Basin are both good too, but be careful you dont get stuck in resort due to I 70 getting too much snow.

Beaver Liquors is in Avon and doesnt sell Liquor wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bones wrote:
Bogusman, Check for the best snow, check Liftopia for lift pass deals or ask at Gas stations / local stores. Loveland could also be on your list. Vail will sting you for $25 car parking per day Shocked Keystone or A Basin are both good too, but be careful you dont get stuck in resort due to I 70 getting too much snow.

Beaver Liquors is in Avon and doesnt sell Liquor wink

yep, on the turn off from the i70 to get to bc iirc
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1 wrote:
and beaver liquors is next to a sub aqua shop (or used to be) called beaver divers..... couldnt make it up.

It had moved from next to Beaver Divers (which is in Eagle Vail ) to Avon when were last there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bones, Thanks for the tip re Liftopia. jonkgray78, You're probably right that I should wait to see which resort has the best snow. After all that's exactly the advice I would give an American colleague who found himself with a possible weekend in say, Geneva.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just book a hotel in say Frisco or Dillon and take your pick in the morning.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends on when your flight out is.

If you're flying out Monday morning (or midnight Sunday), you can go anywhere you like: all of the front range (Vail/Beaver/Brek/A-basin/Keystone/Copper/Loveland), or even strike out at Winter Park or Steamboat. For intermediate, I think Vail/Beaver/Breck and Keystone are most appealing.

But if your flight is Sunday evening, you'll need to stick to the Front range in order to get back to Denver at reasonable time and still get some skiing time. A-basin and Loveland are the two closest to Denver, and least affected by weather.

Take fatbob's advice and go where the snow is. Though truth being you know what the snow situation will be like by Thursday or Friday, and most of the Front Range mountains are in the same weather system. So you really choosing the terrain you'd like to ski more than specific snow conditions. And if you don't like the weather, you might want to go to Steamboat instead. Make that hotel booking a cancellable one.

Many large US ski mountains have a mountain host stationed at the top of the first lift so you can ask them where to go for suitable terrain and best condition. Also most of the mountain mentioned above has free 'mountain tour', typically at 10am at some mid-mountain lift. I found that brilliant to get to know the mountain.

You'll need a car hire also. Though weekend rate should be quite reasonable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy